Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:

And when I stood on the North Stand we used to sing "the". At least I assume everybody else was singing the same as me. Like "the" Scotswood Road.
Well I was! It's got to have the definite article in it really.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are several variations to GOSBTS depending on how you originally learnt the song from other fans around you. North Stand variants on going down Old Shoreham Road or going down the Old Shoreham Road or walking down the Old Shoreham Road are based on which era you stood on the terraces and where you came from or which school you went to. Other chants have mutated as well such as Que sera sera into Kiss my arse my arse so the original versions are considered out of date to the youngsters.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
brighton2win said:
i always sing THE :) but what is it at the start of the song? i've always just guessed at "oh, lads," but is it correct? please someone tell me the answer to my issues, this is just one of many.

Right. On this one, it is 'Gold-stone, you should have seen us coming,....' but most people sing 'oh, lads' which may be the original geordie version.

I also sing 'and we'll' but its usually a lone voice.....

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Brovian said:
Ah Kenty me old mate, I could have done with you yesterday! Fighting a losing battle I'm afraid with a load of youngsters! Kids of today eh?

In my day singing the wrong words to GOSBTS would not have ben tolerated. Can't have these wet behind the ears boys changing the words to our song. What has this world become!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
seagullsovergrimsby said:
There are several variations to GOSBTS depending on how you originally learnt the song from other fans around you. North Stand variants on going down Old Shoreham Road or going down the Old Shoreham Road or walking down the Old Shoreham Road are based on which era you stood on the terraces and where you came from or which school you went to.
reasonable comment... by my reckoning "Going down Old Shoreham Road" has managed an unbroken run as the variant of majority choice for around 30 years now... fair play to those who go back further than that and want to stick with their version

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is class, and I have to say, can you imagine the hairs on the back of your neck standing up if we were to all sing that at matches? Pretty powerfull stuff.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Superphil said:
That is class, and I have to say, can you imagine the hairs on the back of your neck standing up if we were to all sing that at matches? Pretty powerfull stuff.

Don't know about my hair, but my COCK would stand up on end if we managed to get through that - without speeding up - at a match

Marvellous stuff

:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here