Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordons gaffe

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I didnt mean I wanted him as PM. I had posted a lot of stuff about how the hung parliament would work, and suggested that the top job could also be up for grabs....and that Milliband would get it if Brown was ousted. To be honest I'm not really sure who I want as leader at the mo.

Victory for me though, will be NOT David Cameron. Being realistic I think a hung parliament is my best bet. I've made no secret of this. I also think this election has the potential to be historic in the sense that there is a very strong likelihood of a hung parliament which will eventually lead to proportional representation....which will result in a big and long lasting change in the political landscape, and push The Conservative Party right to the margins. There are many more progressive, left wing, centre-left, green voters than there are rights and Tories. We could witness history in the making next week.

If the centre left political parties were as comfortable as you about the voiting public then we would have had a referendum on Europe as Labour promised. FACT.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i think that was the last nail inhis coffin, stupid ****

larus

I find in astounding that anyone on here can say anything positive about this event. The reaction of the media, GB, Labour Spin-team etc just proves how much of a f***-up this is. It's not just the one event; it also goes to re-ignite the criticisms of his personality.

Yes, many staunch Labour supporters won't be deterred from voting for him, but I would bet that a lot of wavering voters (and maybe a lot of women), may be influenced by this event.

All intelligent people realise that what has been said since the event; the apology, the 'misunderstanding' etc is just crap. His comments have harmed him and will have had an effect on this election. To what extent, we don't know; but he's yesterdays man now.

I am usually a Tory voter, but if Cameron did this I would not be defending him. I think this is why debate on here is so frustrating; the blindness exhibited by so many left-wingers makes reasoned arguments meaningless. The usual jibes about 'selfish' tories, Thatcher etc are pathetic, coupled with the refusal to accept that the economy has been totally f***ed by this administration.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
|This will be good for brown and labour, just wait and see after tomorow night labour WILL lead in the polls, shows him as human and suceptable all the things he has been acused of lacking.................just wait and see i will bounce this on friday

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
I find in astounding that anyone on here can say anything positive about this event. The reaction of the media, GB, Labour Spin-team etc just proves how much of a f***-up this is. It's not just the one event; it also goes to re-ignite the criticisms of his personality.

Yes, many staunch Labour supporters won't be deterred from voting for him, but I would bet that a lot of wavering voters (and maybe a lot of women), may be influenced by this event.

All intelligent people realise that what has been said since the event; the apology, the 'misunderstanding' etc is just crap. His comments have harmed him and will have had an effect on this election. To what extent, we don't know; but he's yesterdays man now.

I am usually a Tory voter, but if Cameron did this I would not be defending him. I think this is why debate on here is so frustrating; the blindness exhibited by so many left-wingers makes reasoned arguments meaningless. The usual jibes about 'selfish' tories, Thatcher etc are pathetic, coupled with the refusal to accept that the economy has been totally f***ed by this administration.

But cameron is such a slimy vacuos f*****ad imagine the shit he says off air

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
f***ed by this administration

yes yes ........youre right all other european and world economies are in great shape, its just ours thats f***ed get real, anyway it was thatcher that created the laissez faire deregulated modern freemarket british economy that is so f***ed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find in astounding that anyone on here can say anything positive about this event. The reaction of the media, GB, Labour Spin-team etc just proves how much of a f***-up this is.

Totally agree. The two-facedness of the thing coupled with the utterly cringeworthy apology having been caught out is vomit-making. It's just inexcusable. And this from one of Gordon Brown's biggest defenders on here :facepalm:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
All the way through i thought Labour would sneak in, but this will be the final nail in the coffin for Brown. Too many people now vote on personalities rather than policies.

Even if they manage to hang on via a hung parliament, Clegg has said he will not work with Brown, so he is definately on his way out. (probably to be replaced by Milliband as someone else previously posted)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
But cameron is such a slimy vacuos f*****ad imagine the shit he says off air

Imagine the shit we ALL say behind peoples backs............. :shrug:

f*** wit.............

Its just tuff luck on his behalf we all know it goes on........ :shrug:

Gordon had that woman hand picked by an advisor, who declared her undying support for labour, then in a half cocked manor brought up the issue on many peoples minds and got called a bigot by a one eyed foreign fat cock....... Oh shit is the computer still on............. :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...the utterly cringeworthy apology having been caught out is vomit-making.

im not sure what he (or his spinners) was thinking there, came out with his trained smile looking as if he's announcing the birth of a litter of puppies. hardly a convincing apology.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit, I had assumed that you would back him (based on your views on Tories), so maybe all is not lost for a sensible debate :clap2:

The look on that woman's face when she was told what he said is the reaction of huge numbers of us Labour voters :ohmy:

Can't believe he's f***ed up quite that badly. No way way back from that one no matter how they try and smoothe things over, and large swathes of the Labour vote have been alienated at a stroke. Ridiculous own goal :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oi Herr Rump Tugger your still logged on, remember to turn off your mike/computer before you leave.

Did you go and check? You really are a sad fucker.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The look on that woman's face when she was told what he said is the reaction of huge numbers of us Labour voters :ohmy:

Can't believe he's f***ed up quite that badly. No way way back from that one no matter how they try and smoothe things over, and large swathes of the Labour vote have been alienated at a stroke. Ridiculous own goal :nono:

Tom NOT just "you" Labour voters were shocked.

However there are still large "swathes" of labour voters who are blind enough and in there own way biggoted enough to ignore this little blunder. As RED runs through there blood and I would put good money on the fact that, that woman will still vote labour. And do you know why because of blind faith in the fact they think labour is a working class party.................... :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here