Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordons gaffe

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How can you possibly say that. The Lib Dem policies are far to the left (unilateral nuclear disarmenant, their policies on immigration for e.g) of the Labour party whom are centre left, wheras the Tories under call me Dave has repositioned the Tories to centre right.

The political landscape has changed in the last few years, this isn't 1979 you know. Eventhough I do think the Libs will gain more than the Cons because any Labour votes that are lost are more likely to vote Libs than Tories (because some Lab voters because of history etc. Thatcher is the devils spawn yawn, would never vote Tory)

People seem to have missed the point that LibDem policy is way to teh left of anything we have seen for years. I don't know why policy continues to be ignored in this election.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sadly for Brown he can't fob this off as unlucky. If you try to exploit the media system to your own advantage (he was happy for the mike to pick up all his rhetoric whilst he was talking at the old lady - and he wasn't having a conversation, he was just spouting prepared answers no matter what she said) then you have to be prepared for it to bite you on the arse. If you play the game, play it well - and making sure the mike is off is part of that manipulation and Labout got it wrong.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
People seem to have missed the point that LibDem policy is way to teh left of anything we have seen for years. I don't know why policy continues to be ignored in this election.

A few years ago some of their policies would be regarded as "loony left". It is just that up until the first debate no-one has ever seriously thought of them or looked at them being seriously in power and loads of people have fallen for Nick Clegg's sweet words, but have not even looked at their policies. I have seen so many polls after the first debate saying they would vote Lib Dem but can't name a single policy.:facepalm:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A few years ago some of their policies would be regarded as "loony left". It is just that up until the first debate no-one has ever seriously thought of them or looked at them being seriously in power and loads of people have fallen for Nick Clegg's sweet words, but have not even looked at their policies. I have seen so many polls after the first debate saying they would vote Lib Dem but can't name a single policy.:facepalm:

Not as if it matters is it - just heading for the toughest and most imprtant few years for the economy and the country for a generation - why consider the policies when we can all rely on the fact that the leader seems like a nice sort of bloke on telly?:angry:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Not as if it matters is it - just heading for the toughest and most imprtant few years for the economy and the country for a generation - why consider the policies when we can all rely on the fact that the leader seems like a nice sort of bloke on telly?:angry:

I can't actually believe the Labour and Conservatives really concerning the Lib Dem's planned tax giveaway of a raising of the threshold to £10000 for every working person. That is a massive giveaway (far more than the Tories 1p off NI) how the hell has this been left unchallenged when we are facing the "biggest austerity measures in a generation".

I would be surprised if Gordon bothers to turn up tomorrow after his debacle today, but Call me Dave really needs to hammer this home tomorrow.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well in 2005 the Libdems won this seat from Labour with a majority of just 442,think they stand a decent chance of holding it now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well in 2005 the Libdems won this seat from Labour with a majority of just 442,think they stand a decent chance of holding it now.

hold on this is rochdale we are talking about isnt it. f***ing hell why does anyone think it going liberal would be a surprise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone with two braincells can see past this stupid sh it and vote for policies.

you obviously haven't been paying attention to the progress of each party so far. Its all about the leaders personalities now, and if/when we get PR it will just reinforce that.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Seem to remember that Cyril Smith was the larger than life Liberal MP here for sometime.
He liked his pies did big Cyril.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here