Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Sussex Bands Thread

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Brovian said:
The best band in the entire world of all time are from Brighton - The Fish Brothers.

Agreed. Though the lead singer is a Portsmouth fan. I've not seen the mighty Fish in yonks -- about four years in fact. Do they still do the same set at every gig? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Agreed. Though the lead singer is a Portsmouth fan. I've not seen the mighty Fish in yonks -- about four years in fact. Do they still do the same set at every gig? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Pretty much! Although they have got some new ones of which "Gerald Durrell's spectacled w*nking bear" (to the tune of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band") has become a firm favorite with fans of the Fishtastic Four.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Their first album was called "Sergeant Shitter's Lonely Club Foot Band" I think.
That was on cassette only. There first 'proper' album was called 'Follow thru' which contained a lot of stuff from Sgt Shitter's. The second one was called 'Fish Brothers number 2' (also with some stuff from Sgt Shitter's). They're currently working on a third which will be called the 'Difficult Turd' album. To go back to the Beatles analogy they were going to call it 'The Shite Album' but they thought that sounded stupid.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
12 stone TODDLER are sussexish and are my favourite of the moment, the OrDINary boys are a disgrace to Sussex Morris you :jester:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Cant believe the AMAZING Go! Team havent been mentioned in this.

Wish I hadnt been at f***ing Pride park last night and missed their session on Zane Lowe, they are with out doubt the best thing to come out of Brighton for years.

Check em out..http://www.thegoteam.co.uk/layout.html

The new single Ladyflash is my favourite track of the year.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:
My Deaf Audio

Im doing a feature on them soon for The Worthing Herald.

I have just been given my own music column recomended new bands..touch wood it starts next week. They were on my shortlist of bands to do.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Good stuff Richie, they are quality and currently touring with Forty Winks from Italy. MDA have done alot of European tours in the past 2 years and have a new EP coming out soonish I think, might be able to set up an interview maybe.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hiding With Girls, saw them on saturday didn't know they were from Brighton,

My Deaf Audio are class as well !!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Richie Morris said:
What sort of stuff do they play Rougvie?
Its a fusion of the 70's and early 80's backed up by some superb percussion (they have TWO drummers) and hip hop, listen to the new single Ladyflash on their website Ritchie I promise you will like it.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
One of the girls who works at the Worthing Herald knows them and wanted someone to interview them when I was on work experience there but I was too busy so someone may have done it since.

I will check and if not I will feature them in one of my new column.

D

Deleted User X18H

Pookisnackenburger.........Just One Cornetto - Luke Cresswell

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
One of the girls who works at the Worthing Herald knows them and wanted someone to interview them when I was on work experience there but I was too busy so someone may have done it since.

ahh yes that was mentioned on the MDA forum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here