Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Sussex Bands Thread

Yoda

English & European
If anyone can get to The Brunswick in Worthing Saturday Night, there's who The Argus once described as "Top Sussex pub band" playing, called RAW DEAL!

The cover rock and roll hit's from the 60's, 70's & 80's.

punk: punk: punk:

Last edited:

Rougvie said:
Cant believe the AMAZING Go! Team havent been mentioned in this.

Wish I hadnt been at f***ing Pride park last night and missed their session on Zane Lowe, they are with out doubt the best thing to come out of Brighton for years.

Check em out..http://www.thegoteam.co.uk/layout.html

The new single Ladyflash is my favourite track of the year.

Great track that. I've not heard loads by them, everything I have heard has been great.

A local band you should look out for are Alaska.

Jul 20, 2003
Greatest Sussex band of all time?

Men Of Sussex

(by so far it hurts)

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
i read somewhere that Brett Anderson from suede played for the brighton juniors and was offered an apprentship with the club but he turned it down.

any body know if that is true

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh oh oh Anti-Nowhere League, they we're bloody great (by all accounts) and their song So What? (as covered by Metallica famously during an MTV Awards Show) is fantastic!
Wont post the lyrics as they WILL offend 99.9% of the people on this board :D

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Zef got there before me, the Piranhas of course. The Clash's bass guitarist went to my old school at the beginning of the 1970s (Great Walstead at Lindfield) - I can't remember his name, can anybody else? I used to think the Dandy Warhols' song was good, but I got fed up with hearing it so often. Was any of their other stuff any good? Cutting Crew were from Copthorne. Their stuff was not my scene and Radio Mercury were always playing it.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
CrabtreeBHA said:
oh oh oh Anti-Nowhere League, they we're bloody great (by all accounts) and their song So What? (as covered by Metallica famously during an MTV Awards Show) is fantastic!
Wont post the lyrics as they WILL offend 99.9% of the people on this board :D

I always thought ANL were from Tunbridge Wells...? Which wasn't strictly in Sussex, last I looked.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
zefarelly said:
Dirty Shoes anyone ? :rolleyes:

They always used to play at the Cliftonville at Hove Station, that lead singer looked about 40, and that was in the mid '80s !!

f*** knows what he looks like now:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Trufflehound said:
I always thought ANL were from Tunbridge Wells...? Which wasn't strictly in Sussex, last I looked.

yeah not too sure myself, only remember Sussex from the Lyrics in aforementioned song

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Just anounced today (and exclusively revealed on NSP) Brightons HOTTEST new musical talents The Go! Team have just anounced a short tour, taking in Brighton on Dec 1st - Brighton, melting Vinyl at Po na na.

MORRIS, I expect full coverage and exposure in the Worthing Herald :wave:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Wookiee said:
They always used to play at the Cliftonville at Hove Station, that lead singer looked about 40, and that was in the mid '80s !!

f*** knows what he looks like now:lolol:

he looks exactly the same

Raw Deal . . . .fookin shyte more like, terrible band !

Peter and the test tube babies . . . .ahh. .. . INTENSIVE CARE . . . . . I'M IN INTENSIVE CARE . . . . marvellous :p

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wilbury Jam - recently had their 25th anniversary concert and started (3 teachers) while I was at Oakmeeds

Trapper - awesome lead guitarist - the youngest in the band by miles - was in my year at school

Still no comment from Fourteenth Eye!!!! :lolol: Come on Ade. Give yourself a plug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here