Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Sussex Bands Thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:
Pretty much! Although they have got some new ones of which "Gerald Durrell's spectacled w*nking bear" (to the tune of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band") has become a firm favorite with fans of the Fishtastic Four.

Gotta agree with you there. Absolutely hilarious. Just saw them for the first time about two hours ago at the Concorde as part of the Strummer / Peel memorial. Top work fish fellas! :clap2: :lolol:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Agree with Rougvie on The Go!Team, Ladyflash a dead good track. Nobody's mentioned Electralane yet. Not a bad group.

Have to say that Ordinary Boys are vastly overrated, 80s Matchbox are just regurgitating their old Bauhaus records and Hope of the States are too generic for my liking.

Anyone remember the Chefs' 24 Hours. Absolute classic piece of pop that was criminally ignored by the rest of the world.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Theatre of Trees said:

Anyone remember the Chefs' 24 Hours. Absolute classic piece of pop that was criminally ignored by the rest of the world.

Oh yes indeedy. In fact lead singer Helen McCookerybook was performing at Attila's Strummer remeberance show at the Concorde yesterday.

"24 hours of every day
you're on my mind and there you'll stay..."
or something like that...

more here

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Richie Morris said:
Ok, I know the obvious ones:

- The Ordinary Boys
- 80s Matchbox B Line Disaster
- Hope of the States
- British Sea Power

and have heard rave reviews of The Kooks (going to check them out at their next gig) but are there any relatively unknown bands who people would recomend going to see?

Aren't Keane from Hastings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here