Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good start to the Bloom regime then...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even then, I don't see why players would want to spend 2 seasons at a complete shithole to be abused by unappreciative idiots if they don't run around a lot and clap the fans.

Well stop f***ing abusing ANY players, others may follow your lead :clap2:

Or should we come to you to find out who we should abuse?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was going to say that. People see 'Withdean Wanderer' as the thread starter so they know the sentiments of the post will be negative; consequently they start to read already feeling slightly pissed off before they reach the end of the first sentence. This means that their subsequent denoucement can be a bit out of proportion, even slightly OTT, more than if say, Easy 10 started a negative thread. Non-regular readers or newbies then wonder why a slightly negative post draws such vociferous replies.

In this instance, whilst typically negative, it is only a 'glass half empty' observation.

Agreed, frankly WW has very little credibility (and few friends as well).

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If anything, we were actually more organised, prepared and proactive LAST summer, and look what happened then. Anyone got odds on us to go down next season?

How do you work that out?

TB must have known he would need to fund Falmer last November, He's not stupid and so he would have been planning the coming season then. Whilst the budget ain't going to be massive it'll be better than last year and I suspect that the club have specific targets that are being talked to at the moment. Each close season is the same we never hear anything until beginning of July.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Exactly.

I really hope we're busy in the transfer market, because with SHIT ticket prices and four of our best players buggering off, it's all looking bleak to me.

First, the ticket prices are the ticket prices. End of story. It ain't going to change so stop dripping. LO was never one of our players, he was on loan and anyone that doesn't take 2 years in Aus at the twilight of their career especially when they can't train at a level that they should do wouis MAD.

Murrey spent most of last season injured and I'm not convinced that he is fully cured (that said i rate him).
Whing - Will be missed but his heart is in the Midlands.

Everything looks bleak to you, you're a Jonah, I just wish we had a ship as I would chuck you over the side.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Perhaps it's the manner of the WW posting that is the problem. It's difficult to argue with the facts but they should be presented as an assessment of where we are at and an acknowledgement that it is still early days with plenty of opportunity to improve the situation. Then people can offer their thoughts on how they see the situation progressing. It appears that it has been positioned as an attack about how things are being handled however that will not become clear until the season gets underway.

0-5 down at half time and come back to win 10-5....and go on to win the league. So far we are only seeing the 0-5 down at half time!!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
0-5 down at half time and come back to win 10-5....and go on to win the league. So far we are only seeing the 0-5 down at half time!!!!

Except it's not 5-0 down at half time is it. Pushing your analogy, the teams are just about warming up for the game and maybe are not looking on top form, so the doomsayer starts moaning and bleating.

Yes he raises a valid point that a few things have not gone to plan - but he always presents his case in such a bellicose and self-serving manner. There is never any sense of 'IMHO' about his posts - ever. He seems to revel in the fact that things do not appear at this stage to be going well. And that is always likely to wind up other people.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im not reading this BINFEST but in answer to the original post, he does have a point to a certain extent.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Owusu fucks off
Whing tells us to shove it
Murray wants out

Apparently season ticket take-up is low, and we can't find anyone who wants us to play us in a pre-season friendly.

Good start!

Still, everything is fine according to many. Whing is apparently 'easily replaceable,' (just like Dan Harding was....5 years later) Owusu is 'nothing special' (despite practically keeping us up on his own) and Murray is 'always injured' and a 'lazy git who should do one because we're better off with the hard working Craig Davies, as well as Hart and Forster who clearly have a superior injury track record'....

Oh, and we've still got Johnny Dixon.

'Sake!!!

Never mind. Just f*** off and support Palarse!

The Club is in transformation, shit will happen, but we will move forward.

Before TB took over, I would have been worried that if these players went, they would be replaced by rubbish. Now, I simply don't care.

We need players who believe in Slade and want to wear the Stripes, anything else and we will end up like Leeds - money to spend, but spent on players who are not capable of fighting their way out of this shit Division.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If only everyone in the mid nineties "f***ed off and supported palace"

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
I actually find withdean wonderer very amusing! if you take everything he say's with a pinch of salt you can have a real chuckle! or is that just me?? :lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I actually find withdean wonderer very amusing! if you take everything he say's with a pinch of salt you can have a real chuckle! or is that just me?? :lol:

No offence but I think it's just you

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Also, still nothing definite on Dicker, and only one keeper. Other threads have suggested we need up to 10 players over the summer and that was before Murray handed in his request. The squad, or what there is left of it, are due back in training in about 3 weeks and you can't expect a team to gel quickly with so many changes in personnel, so the sooner there is some on news on signings, the better. No need to panic yet, but I'm sure none of us want to see to many last minute signings just before the start of the season or a load of loan players brought in to add numbers to a depleted squad.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Also, still nothing definite on Dicker, and only one keeper. Other threads have suggested we need up to 10 players over the summer and that was before Murray handed in his request. The squad, or what there is left of it, are due back in training in about 3 weeks and you can't expect a team to gel quickly with so many changes in personnel, so the sooner there is some on news on signings, the better. No need to panic yet, but I'm sure none of us want to see to many last minute signings just before the start of the season or a load of loan players brought in to add numbers to a depleted squad.

No need to panic - period!

I have every faith in the new set-up. Too many of you are judgeing things based upon your memory of Tight and Thicky.

This season is going to be very exciting. :ascarf::ascarf:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest, I think WW is just always negative cos it gets attention. A bit like Ernest. I ignore him, maybe if he came out with something positive then I would really take notice.

Not many players are back from their hols. Even those that are are weighing up options, see what materialises? I would be a bit worried if we had gone out on a spending spree right now, cos that would mean that we have lost all sense of being a football club and just bought players on a whim and paying silly money. Thats a recipe for disaster.

Lets identify key players and pay the right money for them. Which I think the club is doing.

If by the mid to late July we havn't got anyone in, then yes we are trouble. But along with every other club we aint there yet.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
When you can't even persuade Lloyd Owusu to sign for you then you know you've got problems and a lack of ambition.

With respect that's nonsense. At his age and offered the chance of a new lifestyle in Australia, I probably would have gone too. It says all about his priorities and nothing about ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here