Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good start to the Bloom regime then...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't really get your point? your saying to Withdean Wanderer "say what you want" but at the same time telling others what to do by telling them to not "insult" him because their opinion doesn't match their own.

Isn't the point of a message board to have different opinions? and anyway you completely contradict yourself in the last paragraph while also being anti-northern and as a northerner, I obviously take offense to.

Also it's northern not nothern, which I believe is a nice place in Argentina:thumbsup:

I think the point that he was making is that EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion on this board without it being greeted with a torrent of abuse.

I would be interested to see what the reaction to WW's comments would have been if they had been posted by another poster who didn't have a 'moaning' label.

WW makes some valid points here and has been flamed by numerous people just jumping on the WW bandwagon just because they have heard he is a moaner.

Pathetic, if you ask me, that people cant up with counter arguments without resorting to abuse and insults.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Have not read many of the replies to this thread and i dont normally slag other posters off but this thread is f***ing pathetic.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
this thread has got way outta hand ..like a mini binfest.. should be moved asap to childish ramblings board... in my opinion of course !! :thumbsup:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for next season.
Apart from the initial buzz of staying up against Stockport i've struggled to gain any excitement for next year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Owusu fucks off
Whing tells us to shove it
Murray wants out

Apparently season ticket take-up is low, and we can't find anyone who wants us to play us in a pre-season friendly.

Good start!

Still, everything is fine according to many. Whing is apparently 'easily replaceable,' (just like Dan Harding was....5 years later) Owusu is 'nothing special' (despite practically keeping us up on his own) and Murray is 'always injured' and a 'lazy git who should do one because we're better off with the hard working Craig Davies, as well as Hart and Forster who clearly have a superior injury track record'....

Oh, and we've still got Johnny Dixon.

'Sake!!!

If it was the second week of August, and not the first week of June, you might just have a point.

But it's not, so you don't.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
ok a lot of WW post is pessimistic shite (excuse spelling) However people thinking we will replace Murray, Owusu and possibly Whing easily are deluded, experience and consistancy at this level is how you get out of this god foresaken league. They can only be replaced by similar and they are not easy to come by.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for next season.
Apart from the initial buzz of staying up against Stockport i've struggled to gain any excitement for next year.

Exactly.

I really hope we're busy in the transfer market, because with SHIT ticket prices and four of our best players buggering off, it's all looking bleak to me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
WW makes some valid points here and has been flamed by numerous people just jumping on the WW bandwagon just because they have heard he is a moaner.

Pathetic, if you ask me, that people cant up with counter arguments without resorting to abuse and insults.

Read the original post again and tell me what parts of it are 100% true, undisputed information? (as opposed to WWs warped opinions)

His argument was destroyed on the first page, but lets not let that get in the way of a sunshine bus attention seeking spackfast.

;2985747 said:
Owusu fucks off
Murray wants out

Apparently season ticket take-up is low, and we can't find anyone who wants us to play us in a pre-season friendly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
ok a lot of WW post is pessimistic shite (excuse spelling) However people thinking we will replace Murray, Owusu and possibly Whing easily are deluded, experience and consistancy at this level is how you get out of this god foresaken league. They can only be replaced by similar and they are not easy to come by.

now THAT is true:thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I personally think that anyone who will not sign a contract is obviously not interested and should be transfer listed.
Also anyone who makes a transfer request should be transfer listed.
If their opinion of their ability is correct then offers will be made, if no offers are made or none to the appropriate amount then they will see just how much their skills are valued on the open market.
Thus their egos must concede and they will be conditioned to being grateful to be given this chance and just might be committed to the club for a bit longer, or till the ego is inflated again.
F***ing premadonnas.
I hope that Slade gets all the players he wants ands start with a clean sheet so to speak with new player commitment.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Owusu fucks off
Murray wants out

Good start!

Still, everything is fine according to many. Whing is apparently 'easily replaceable,' (just like Dan Harding was....5 years later) Owusu is 'nothing special' (despite practically keeping us up on his own) and Murray is 'always injured' and a 'lazy git who should do one because we're better off with the hard working Craig Davies, as well as Hart and Forster who clearly have a superior injury track record'....

Oh, and we've still got Johnny Dixon.

'Sake!!!

I worry about you sometimes WW. This persistantly negative outlook can't be good for your longterm health. I'm sure you know the saying that there are two sides to every story? It's true...but you always seem to gravitate towards the negative or pessimistic side. Why not look at the other side of the story first? Our stadium is 100% financed by a lifelong multi millionaire Brighton fan.:)  We have a very good, enthusiastic manager in charge who knows the lower leagues inside out. :) We've had a clear out of players and a promise of a decent budget with which the manager that we all believe in can build his own team from. :)

However, Owusu a player who was essentially a loan player has not taken a contract with us but has instead chosen a sunny couple of years in Australia.:( Whilst he did a fantastic job in his short spell with us and is a decent lower league striker, he is replaceable. It's disappointing he's gone but it's not the end of the world.

Whing hasn't signed his contract yet. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. We just don't know so at the moment it's a ??? rather than a :( or :) .

Murray wants out. Yep, this is definitely a shame. :(

BUT. It's 9th June. There's plenty of time yet, and lets not forget we've been clearly linked with that Crowe fella who is a right back so it looks like if Whing doesn't sign we have a replacement in mind. Which is nice, no? Then there's the rather surprising news of Robbie Simpson and 400k. Looks to me like we've got a player lined up if Murray should go.:) As for ticket sales, they'll pick up if we bring in a few new players and spend a bit of money on them-as looks likely if the 400k for simpson is true.

All in all, things aren't that bad yet are they?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think the point that he was making is that EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion on this board without it being greeted with a torrent of abuse.

I would be interested to see what the reaction to WW's comments would have been if they had been posted by another poster who didn't have a 'moaning' label.

Please bear in mind that Withdean 'Mr Glass permanently half empty' Wanderer has a long history of starting bitching and complaining threads he gets what he deserves.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Please bear in mind that Withdean 'Mr Glass permanently half empty' Wanderer has a long history of starting bitching and complaining threads he gets what he deserves.
I was going to say that. People see 'Withdean Wanderer' as the thread starter so they know the sentiments of the post will be negative; consequently they start to read already feeling slightly pissed off before they reach the end of the first sentence. This means that their subsequent denoucement can be a bit out of proportion, even slightly OTT, more than if say, Easy 10 started a negative thread. Non-regular readers or newbies then wonder why a slightly negative post draws such vociferous replies.

In this instance, whilst typically negative, it is only a 'glass half empty' observation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here