Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeeper on Trial

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But then Lynch is a tad wasted at left back and he does not get forward enough.

he hasn't looked the same player at centre-half this season, while elphick and el abd have had a decent partnership. and i cant see lynch sitting on the bench

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I would like to see Lynch and Elphick given a couple of games as I do like a left footed and a right footed centre backs in the side.

that would be my preffered option to - however, given wilkins history of fitting el abd into nearly every team, even if he is hopelessly out of position, i dont think he wou;d pair those two unless we get a new left back

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well, where ever El-Abd plays, please can he be told to stop mishitting back passes...

adds a bit of excitement to the game, and allows for the 'dodgy backpass sweepstake'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is the sweepstake done on time periods?

it is - closest minute wins the pot. £1 in each. if there isnt a dodgy backpass, either money is refunded or a rollover takes place

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we have a ..."who will el abd try to scyth in two" sweepstake.

When he caught the Frenchman in the first half, I thought I wa sgoing to have to pay up, but he got up!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
it is - closest minute wins the pot. £1 in each. if there isnt a dodgy backpass, either money is refunded or a rollover takes place

We only sit behind you in F Block, get us involved on Saturday.

I remember we played something similar in about 2000 when England played Finland in Helsinki, but it was the Heskey Sweepstake and you had to predict when he would fall over first. I think I had 11 to 15 minutes and the bugger stayed on his feet until about the 60th minute.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We only sit behind you in F Block, get us involved on Saturday.

I remember we played something similar in about 2000 when England played Finland in Helsinki, but it was the Heskey Sweepstake and you had to predict when he would fall over first. I think I had 11 to 15 minutes and the bugger stayed on his feet until about the 60th minute.

will do if my fellow participants are there - a bigger pot means a better game!

my favourite football-related sweepstake is when we go via car to games and partake in m25 sweepstake - how many cars will we see broken on theh ard shoulder with hazard lights on on the m25. it is far more challening than just guessing, as you need to take all kinds of things into consideration - traffic flow that could result in an overheating, weather conditions, how far on the m25 we are going, free recovery areas in roadworks that could encourage break downs, time of day

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
will do if my fellow participants are there - a bigger pot means a better game!

my favourite football-related sweepstake is when we go via car to games and partake in m25 sweepstake - how many cars will we see broken on theh ard shoulder with hazard lights on on the m25. it is far more challening than just guessing, as you need to take all kinds of things into consideration - traffic flow that could result in an overheating, weather conditions, how far on the m25 we are going, free recovery areas in roadworks that could encourage break downs, time of day

I think the best one we have is Tax Man Bingo, where at the beginning of the season we have to predict the furthest the Cardinal will end, from where he should be...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think the best one we have is Tax Man Bingo, where at the beginning of the season we have to predict the furthest the Cardinal will end, from where he should be...

Have you done your who will die first this year sweepstake?

I call Liza Minelli!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the queen!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A good drinking game when a few of you are watching a live match on the box is "a shot for a shot". You do a sweepstake with all the forwards and midfielders listed individually for each side, plus one collective ticket for the defence of each side. Divide the tickets out between you, then do a shot every time one of your players has a shot.

A sure fire way to get absolutely wankered.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Stand in Keeper

We don't need this trialist goalkeeper, when we already have a good one in Sullivan. I would look more at our outfield players, in which I mean in Centre midfield, left back, another striker and a right winger.

What most of you have missed is that gk coach Paul Crichton has been signed on and I think he would play before Sullivan,

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What most of you have missed is that gk coach Paul Crichton has been signed on and I think he would play before Sullivan,

No, he said we would never play again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here