Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeeper on Trial

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
My god, what an imbecile we have on our hands here. I didn't call Wilkins a mug, I said he WOULD be a mug (ie in the future) if he chooses to sign a goalkeeper at the expense of another player we obviously need more. I didn't call you pathetic, although I'm changing my mind now, I said your "broken finger nail" stuff was pathetic. Kuipers is not an injury prone player, in that he doesn't regularly miss games. He's just had 2-3 BIG injuries in his time here which have resulted in 9 months out. That doesn't mean he's going to have another one. I really think you're wrong on the keeper thing. If Kuipers gets injured 24 hours before a game, we WOULD sign someone. Every club in the Prem/Championship has 3+ keepers, and numerous younger ones, so we would certainly find ourselves someone. It's the one position you can always rely on getting someone for, so a club with our finances should NOT be wasting money on paying two people for a one man job.

So, to conclude, maybe you should learn to read before you start throwing the expletives around:tosser:
A nice little play with words there. You are a whiner end of. All you can do if come on here and be negative about everything. For once in your life try and post something positive.

To even suggest a manager would be a mug for wanting to sign an experienced number two goalkeeper, clearly shows you know f*** all about the game. Whilst everyones entitled to there opinion, it would be nice once in a while for twats to get behind the team and manager, and not slag of the management at every oppertunaty they get.

What's the matter, did our win yesterday give you nothing to moan about, so you thought you'd have a pop at Wilkins over the transfer window before it's even started. f*** knows what you will do if we win against Mansfield on Saturday. That'll be two wins on the trot. What the f*** will you moan about then. Maybe if you listen carefully enough you may here a player swear, and you can then start a hate campaign against them for that, or least until we lose again.

You seem to have this beleif that signing a good goalkeeper as cover is easy. This is the real world, not championship manager. I like the comment "WOULD sign someone", on what do you base that. How the f*** do you know how easy it is to sign a keeper? Why the f*** do you think we only have one senior one at the moment? It aint as easy as you think. It's very easy to type, we would sign someone, but don't kid yourself. As I said before, we have been very lucky with loan keepers in the past, dont presume that luck will continue.

I really concered about you changing your mind in the negative about me. I don't know how I will sleep tonight with that weight on my mind!

But dont worry, I haven't changed my mind about you. I still think you are a **** of the highest order, and judging by comments elsewhere on this board, I aint the only one.

So to conclude; maybe you should learn about about football, and how it works, before posting throw away comments on here and making yourself look a prize pratt

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
One final point, who are you to say I'm "clueless" on how the game works. I go every week, I watch with a balanced mind, and I'm entitled to see what I want. I could say "it's my opinion" which of course it is, but seemingly you would prefer it if I didn't give an opinion. Oh well, you think what you want, at least you've built an opinion of me - I have never actually noticed you on here before:thumbsup:
That's the main problem of a lot of posters on here.

You're nearly 21 years old, and you go an watch the Albion every week and think you know everything about football. If you knew anything worth knowing at your tender age, you'd be playing it, not sitting on your fat arse watching it every week.

Whilst like everyone else, you are entitled to your opinion, I would agree with Theatre of Trees that you are totally clueless about the nuts and bolts of the game, in fact I'd say the whole game in general.

Now go away little boy, and learn about how the game works, before posting more of your crap, and by that I mean 'real world' football, and not spending hours on your computer playing Championship Manager in between your hourly wanks.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
is kuipers good enough for this league = yes
do we have a decent, natural left back in the sqaud = no
do we have enough cover in the midfield = no
what if forster gets injured/revell yesterday was a flash in the pan. would we be ok going forward = no

think that sums up where our priorities should be in this window - sort out those three positions and if there is any money left then get a keeper. if we are signing a keeper, who at this moment in time wont even be on the bench instead of those positions in which we need replacements/backup at the LEAST, then it could be a long hard season

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
is kuipers good enough for this league = yes
do we have a decent, natural left back in the sqaud = no
do we have enough cover in the midfield = no
what if forster gets injured/revell yesterday was a flash in the pan. would we be ok going forward = no

think that sums up where our priorities should be in this window - sort out those three positions and if there is any money left then get a keeper. if we are signing a keeper, who at this moment in time wont even be on the bench instead of those positions in which we need replacements/backup at the LEAST, then it could be a long hard season

Agree, Im not Kuipers biggest fan but he is fine for the moment and has had a good season.

Richards is a must for me, Rents is not good enough yet, and wont be for a while form what ive seen, Even though for some reason people rave about him being as good as Richards(maybe the fact he came through the youth team)

Another striker maybe needed but I dont think you can plan a season around people get injurys.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Richards is a must for me, Rents is not good enough yet, and wont be for a while form what ive seen, Even though for some reason people rave about him being as good as Richards(maybe the fact he came through the youth team)

i have alwyas quite liked rents - he looked a decent prospect last season, and i thought he did ok at the start of the season. he has looked poor since coming back in though, although this could be down to the fact he hasn't played competitive football since september, and it may take him some time to settle back down into the team. unfortunately, it doesnt look like hes going to get that if wilkins prefers el abd at left back to him

richards is a must-sign, the defence has looked like a pantomime since he left. another midfielder in there, preferably someone who can play through the middle OR wide, and a striker who doesnt have to score, but who can supply a lot for forster

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
i have alwyas quite liked rents - he looked a decent prospect last season, and i thought he did ok at the start of the season. he has looked poor since coming back in though, although this could be down to the fact he hasn't played competitive football since september, and it may take him some time to settle back down into the team. unfortunately, it doesnt look like hes going to get that if wilkins prefers el abd at left back to him

richards is a must-sign, the defence has looked like a pantomime since he left. another midfielder in there, preferably someone who can play through the middle OR wide, and a striker who doesnt have to score, but who can supply a lot for forster

Rents has been poor since he came back in, which is a shame, but it also showed that Richards is one of players that you do not realise how good he is until he has gone.

El-Abd at left back yesterday is not the answer. Other than his now customary short back pass, we could not attack through him as he could not use his left foot.

Maybe time for Cobbs?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Rents has been poor since he came back in, which is a shame, but it also showed that Richards is one of players that you do not realise how good he is until he has gone.

El-Abd at left back yesterday is not the answer. Other than his now customary short back pass, we could not attack through him as he could not use his left foot.

Maybe time for Cobbs?

agree with that

cox was annonymous in the game partly due to the fact he did not recieve one ball down the line, as everytime el abd got it he was forced to cut inside onto his right foot. it worked yesterday as a temporarily measure, but if el abd plays there more from now on i think we will see more 'gillingham' performances than ones like yesterday. and the fact that he has been our most in-form centre back for a while now confuses the matter even more

have only seen cobbs play once, and he looked a decent prospect then. cant see what harm it would do giving him a go, especially if we are unable to sign richards - who i think we will miss more than the other two

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
agree with that

cox was annonymous in the game partly due to the fact he did not recieve one ball down the line, as everytime el abd got it he was forced to cut inside onto his right foot. it worked yesterday as a temporarily measure, but if el abd plays there more from now on i think we will see more 'gillingham' performances than ones like yesterday. and the fact that he has been our most in-form centre back for a while now confuses the matter even more

have only seen cobbs play once, and he looked a decent prospect then. cant see what harm it would do giving him a go, especially if we are unable to sign richards - who i think we will miss more than the other two

Having El-Abd and Cox on the left was not good from an attacking point of view as they are both right footed, so that did slow us down a bit. Cox was probably also annoymous as Robinson did not really fancy the game until the last 10 minutes, so nobody was passing to him...

I still think Cobbs will be the long term solution at left back, would be more than happy going into next season with Richards and Cobbs as our left backs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Everyone writing off Rents already?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

its not really us who seem to be doing that. Wendy preferred El Abd , who is NOT a left back and never has been, to Rents and its Rents position!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

he looked poor at millwall and yeovil, and since richards has gone the defence has turned into a bit of a joke

maybe he needs a run of games to settle back into the side, but wilkins obviously isnt prepared to give him it by sticking el abd out at left back

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
its not really us who seem to be doing that. Wendy preferred El Abd , who is NOT a left back and never has been, to Rents and its Rents position!!!

Well Wilkins does seem to have some reservations with Rents, as he has always been looking to sign left backs (he even signed that French lad from Millwall last season on loan and this season started with Mayo out there and then played Lynch there). Now last season I did think Rents had something to offer, but his recent games he has been poor.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

I reckon El Abd was picked to get physical with their number 17 who would probably have had a better day against the less imposing Rents. It was noticeable he swapped wings for the second half before Whing finished him off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

reckon we will see lynch out there when he is back, with el abd centre back for butters

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
reckon we will see lynch out there when he is back, with el abd centre back for butters

I actually thought Butters did OK......I just dont think we defended well as a unit. Perhaps this is all due to the chopping and changing that goes on in defence.

What amazed me was that for most of the game we had 6 across the back with the midfield playing so deep!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here