Haywards Heath
Well done, Glenn! :cool:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
you say that, but he's probably right up there if you think about it - only El-Abd and Bennett rival him really . And Bennett hasn't been as effective since his transfer request - Dean Cox has got a lot more assists now.

Bennett has been the best player over the whole season in my mind.

I just find it's the guy who gets the goals that often gets a bit too much of the glory.

We have a GK that's kept countless clean sheets yet he'll get less credit because people will say the defence made him look good.

Yet even if 12-13 of Murrays goals were served up on a plate for him by other players the 18 goals will still get him a bigger spotlight.

Murrays been excellent for us, but I don't think he's been our best player.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its abit wank having a seasons awards dinner long before the seasons finished

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In your opinion.

Personally, I think he is but I would understand the opinions of those who would say Bennett or El Abd.

Yup it's just my opinion.

But i'd throw Ankergren in the mix too, he's kept 17 clean sheets. 1 less than Murray has scored goals.

Last season when we dire we still had Murray and Bennett.

This season we've been lucky to have a keeper who's marshalled the troops well and has been steady as a rock on the last line.

Something like that can't be underated in a team that's gone as well as we have and kept as many clean sheets as we have.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
you say that, but he's probably right up there if you think about it - only El-Abd and Bennett rival him really . And Bennett hasn't been as effective since his transfer request - Dean Cox has got a lot more assists now.

What the? Is that table just completely wrong? Bennett has had far more than 13 assists in ALL competitions this season.
As the 4-4-2 magazine stated, Bennett has assisted half our goals this season!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Bennett has been the best player over the whole season in my mind.

I just find it's the guy who gets the goals that often gets a bit too much of the glory.

We have a GK that's kept countless clean sheets yet he'll get less credit because people will say the defence made him look good.

Yet even if 12-13 of Murrays goals were served up on a plate for him by other players the 18 goals will still get him a bigger spotlight.

Murrays been excellent for us, but I don't think he's been our best player.

Fair play. I'd say it's Ankergren and Greer who are the underrated ones - everyone's been raving about El-Abd.

However, Murray is so important to us. It's his hold-up play, his link-up play, and his winning of 90% of stuff in the air that for me makes him probably our most important player.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
What the? Is that table just completely wrong? Bennett has had far more than 13 assists in ALL competitions this season.
As the 4-4-2 magazine stated, Bennett has assisted half our goals this season!

i remember someone at the club saying "well our numbers are quite different to the league stats" when it claimed he'd hit 20. Can't remember him getting one since January though, just the goal at yeovil

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Yup it's just my opinion.

But i'd throw Ankergren in the mix too, he's kept 17 clean sheets. 1 less than Murray has scored goals.

Last season when we dire we still had Murray and Bennett.

This season we've been lucky to have a keeper who's marshalled the troops well and has been steady as a rock on the last line.

Something like that can't be underated in a team that's gone as well as we have and kept as many clean sheets as we have.

Good call

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here