Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - League 1 player of the year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The answer to the doubters is given a choice who would you sooner have in your team either not both CMS or GM I am not sure but good luck to him for being nominated and being in the top 3.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
QPR star Adel Taraabt was named Championship player of the year last night to cap Rangers’ memorable charge towards the Premier League.

The Hoops’ Moroccan star, signed from Spurs last summer, has helped propel Neil Warnock’s side to nine points clear at the top of the table.

They remain on course for promotion after a 1-0 win at Doncaster on Saturday.

And Taraabt, 21, has weighed in with 15 goals from his free attacking role in Warnock’s side.

Warnock said: “Adel has had a great season. He’s been an important player for us and is very talented.”

Other winners at last night’s awards bash at The Brewery in London included Peterborough hot-shot Craig Mackail-Smith, 27, who has 27 goals this term in League One.

Bury’s veteran striker Ryan Lowe, 32, got the League Two player of the season award after bagging 24 goals for the Shakers.

The Football League Young Player of the Year went to Connor Wickham of Ipswich Town, who also the division’s apprentice of the year.

Dale Jennings of Tranmere Rovers got the League One apprentice of the year award and Kadeem Harris of Wycombe the League Two accolade.

Greg Clarke, chairman of The Football League, said: ?The evening has been another huge success and I congratulate all the winners.?

Elsewhere long-serving Crewe manager Dario Gradi, 69, picked up a lifetime achievement award after nearly 30 years in charge of Crewe.

Last night? It's on now, see the link to Twitter.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Football Manager Apprentice of the Year for npower League 2 - Kadeem Harris (Wycombe Wanderers)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE Community club of the year is a strange one. Has it ever been the same club? QUOTE]

Didnt somebody say that having won it a club cannot be in the nominations again.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Football Manager Apprentice of the Year for npower League 1 - Dale Jennings (Tranmere Rovers)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
The answer to the doubters is given a choice who would you sooner have in your team either not both CMS or GM I am not sure but good luck to him for being nominated and being in the top 3.

Im not going to come on here and slate Craig M-S, and would like to congratulate him on his award but but but i think he owes a hell of a lot to the creativity of Lee Tomlin and George Boyd. Of course Murray gets goals on a plate set up by Bennett but i would honestly say i would have Murray over CMS basically for the way he can win a game with his power, strengh, and general presence as well his finishing abilty. I think he can win a game with his own abilty where as CMS needs the supply line. Just my opinion like.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Football Manager Apprentice of the Year for the npower Championship - Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Fully deserved award for CMS to be fair, him and Murray up front would be an unbelievable combination.

Bit of a shame the story turned out to be an accidental upload after all though - I was quite pleased for Glenn.

Still, I'd rather we won the league title then any individual awards anyway, it's the only one that matters! I think Gus would have no problems if Slade got Manager of the Year as long as he has a shiny gold medal to hang around his neck!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's almost certainly the press release from the Football League, probably embargoed until 12.01am.

Assuming you meant 1201 hrs ie lunchtime as there is no such time as 12.01 am if it is am it is 00.01 or if it is pm it is 12.01pm but either way the news was put on here at approx 9.00pm or 2100hrs which ever you wish to describe but still a long time after either 1201 or 0001.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Assuming you meant 1201 hrs ie lunchtime as there is no such time as 12.01 am if it is am it is 00.01 or if it is pm it is 12.01pm but either way the news was put on here at approx 9.00pm or 2100hrs which ever you wish to describe but still a long time after either 1201 or 0001.

Surely 12.01am is one minute past midnight if you are using 12hr clock ?

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Surely 12.01am is one minute past midnight if you are using 12hr clock ?

Yes, yes it does. The a.m. is used to differentiate between the same times in the afternoon to avoid confusion, especially when written down or spoken. No-one says its 00.01 now, do they? I'm surprised a GRANDAD knows how to use the 24 hour clock, but not the 12 hour one! :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wrong.

00.01 is the 24 hour clock denotation of 1 minute past midnight.

12.01 am is the 12 hour clock denotation of 1 minute past midnight.

Hence the reason one would say 12 noon and 12 midnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here