Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’ve done some frantic Friday night flicking between stages over the years but wow, Jungle, IDLES, Fontaine DC, Jaime XX and Dia Lipa is some clash

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Idles were absolutely fantastic. Much tighter and controlled than I expected. the passion and sincerity....Mrs T, previously not a fan, was similarly moved. We both love Wire, the Birthday Party and Gang of Four, apparently Idles sort of influences.

Idles fans, check out Protomartyr on youtube. Protomartyr have probably given me more poptastic joy than any band over the last 5 years. Tonight's Idles set was very . . . . Protomartyric (with added English and Politics and a certain amount of damage).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another one enjoying Dua Lipa here

Very pop-y obviously, but that’s right up my street and won’t be for everyone. Also very much looking forward to Coldplay tomorrow
I watched the first two songs but thought her voice was a bit weak.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Two songs in and I’m already wishing I’d got a ticket just so I could have been at LCD Soundsystem.
Yep. What a set. All My Friends looked biblical. Imagine being in that field, with the sun shining down, singing “I wouldn’t trade one stupid decision, for another five years of life” along to LCD. Magic.

Edit. For those who haven't seen it, see below!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll catch up with Glastonbury today, starting with LCD Soundsystem I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. What a set. All My Friends looked biblical. Imagine being in that field, with the sun shining down, singing “I wouldn’t trade one stupid decision, for another five years of life” along to LCD. Magic.
I have always felt James Murphy is a very underrated lyricist. His words, subject matter and stories are often so clever. Apart from the more obvious tracks I love I Can Change, and Losing My Edge is like a modern take on Sympathy for the Devil in both words and music.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Dua Lipa nothing special at all. All the media hyping it just because a female is headlining. It used to be huge worldwide stars headlining but not now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dua Lipa nothing special at all. All the media hyping it just because a female is headlining. It used to be huge worldwide stars headlining but not now.
You can debate the quality of her music but what I feel isn’t up for debate is her not being a “huge worldwide star”. Her Future Nostalgia album from 2021 was multi-platinum in at least 16 counties including 2 times in the UK and 4 times in the US. It’s the 3rd biggest selling album of this decade worldwide. That’s big.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Look on the bright side: at least it stops Coldplay headlining all three nights.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You obviously do not know how successful Dua Lipa currently is. Also, who in your opinion is currently a worldwide star worthy of headlining? Taylor Swift perhaps?
Led Zeppelin maybe? :smile:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I listen to BBC6 everyday and am sick of Glastonbury this and Glastonbury that fgs. Everywhere I go all I see and hear is that living hell. The last concert I went to was the last Jam concert at the Brighton Centre a few years ago.
I love Deadletter, Sprintz, Idles, English Teacher, CMAT etc but am made to feel I’m a second class citizen because I HATE festivals.
Am I alone ? Rant over.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here