Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not an amazing year but still too much that I want to see.

Friday my run is looking like:

Sofia Kourtesis
Barry Can't Swim
Confidence Man
Sugababes
LCD Soundsystem
Jamie XX
Bicep/Camelphat

A bit dance heavy but will be making up for that on Saturday.
:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apologies if fixtures but is Our Norman playing this year, and if so when? Loved his set last year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think Gareth has got hold of some of this.
1719353755849.png

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sports Banger Mega Rave opening Nowhere at Shangri La tomorrow afternoon.

One man b2b Chloe Robinson there on Saturday night will be good.

Enjoy everyone, looks a belter of a weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely lurving Aussie pop poppets Confidence Man. Kylie and Jason on steroids with a twist of Barbie and Ken 😍
Yeah I just lost the last hour or so to that. Wonderfully bonkers, fake blood, spat out gum, handstands, crowd manipulation and very little in the way of clothing. They are absolutely superb. Any NSCers catch that in the flesh, so to speak?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yeah I just lost the last hour or so to that. Wonderfully bonkers, fake blood, spat out gum, handstands, crowd manipulation and very little in the way of clothing. They are absolutely superb. Any NSCers catch that in the flesh, so to speak?
Spotted Jack the hat watching that.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
I'm miffed they didn't show Squeeze - first on Pyramid stage at noon. Didn't start live coverage until Olivia Dean.

Now watching Paul Heaton ... great tunes. He's accompanied by a young girl that Paul discovered doing a cover of one of his songs (Rotterdam I think) on YouTube when Jacqui Abbott had moved on.

Oh ... and joined onstage by some chap called Norman Cook who played bass guitar for one song (Happy Hour). And just seen in the wings as they finish with a great rendition of Caravan of Love.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Effing flags would get right on my tits had I paid £360 for a ticket plus a few hundred quid for travel and other costs. I’m guessing most people have gone to see the the performers on the stage rather than someone’s flag…

“Yeah - it was great to see >insert band name here< live…” :shrug:

IMG_5062.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I'm miffed they didn't show Squeeze - first on Pyramid stage at noon. Didn't start live coverage until Olivia Dean.

Now watching Paul Heaton ... great tunes. He's accompanied by a young girl that Paul discovered doing a cover of one of his songs (Rotterdam I think) on YouTube when Jacqui Abbott had moved on.

Oh ... and joined onstage by some chap called Norman Cook who played bass guitar for one song (Happy Hour). And just seen in the wings as they finish with a great rendition of Caravan of Love.
Just watching that set on catch up . Big grin on my face

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Effing flags would get right on my tits had I paid £360 for a ticket plus a few hundred quid for travel and other costs. I’m guessing most people have gone to see the the performers on the stage rather than someone’s flag…

“Yeah - it was great to see >insert band name here< live…” :shrug:

View attachment 184839
It’s really not as much an issue as you’d think. Been to Glastonbury many times, & can't think of once where it’s crossed my mind that a flag is blocking the view. You’d have to be 15 feet tall for 95% of them to be in your eye line. & most of the flags seem to be concentrated to that front section of the crowd & compared to the massive stage they’re a bit insignificant it terms of a distraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here