Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Been nosing through it, but don't want to get too listy and organised, cos i'll have to work at least one shift during the music days and i don't want to be gutted at missing out on stuff! Some great stuff to see though, as per usual . . .
The Mannequin Pussy / Bar Italia and Soccer Mommy / Otoboke Beaver / Willie J Healey clash on Saturday particularly annoying. Sprints / LCD Soundsystem also very annoying. Mount Kimbie / Alvvays and Kim Gordon a bad one as well. Confidence Man / Paul Heaton also annoying as would like to have seen both.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Missed out again this year but I could not resist a nosey at the full line-up, not going to lie I think I'd have a very fine time down there this year. Nothing really screaming must see but as usual loads of acts I'd have a good time at.

Enjoy you lucky b*stards, I hope the weather is good for you.

The Mannequin Pussy / Bar Italia and Soccer Mommy / Otoboke Beaver / Willie J Healey clash on Saturday particularly annoying. Sprints / LCD Soundsystem also very annoying. Mount Kimbie / Alvvays and Kim Gordon a bad one as well. Confidence Man / Paul Heaton also annoying as would like to have seen both.
Danny Brown vs PJ Harvey is irking me something chronic, that'll have to go on vibes at the time, and Orbital vs LTJ Bukem ffs - what am i meant to do there?i wanna see both! Theres a comedian on the cabaret at 10pm sunday and thats when Justice are on, but i have seen them before so aren't wedded to doing so again: plus i always want to have a good slab of wandering around theatre + circus of course. My typical plan of action post-headliners is to get a big pile of food and go sit in a circus tent, the big top or the astrolabe, to miss the queues going straight into the SE corner - have a seat, watch some weird stuff, eat up, and then go see whats going on. (i dont drink very much at all, so sugar is the best way of dealing with knacked feet - its much easier on your constitution than half a bottle of rum and eight pints)

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not an amazing year but still too much that I want to see.

Friday my run is looking like:

Sofia Kourtesis
Barry Can't Swim
Confidence Man
Sugababes
LCD Soundsystem
Jamie XX
Bicep/Camelphat

A bit dance heavy but will be making up for that on Saturday.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Danny Brown vs PJ Harvey is irking me something chronic, that'll have to go on vibes at the time, and Orbital vs LTJ Bukem ffs - what am i meant to do there?i wanna see both! Theres a comedian on the cabaret at 10pm sunday and thats when Justice are on, but i have seen them before so aren't wedded to doing so again: plus i always want to have a good slab of wandering around theatre + circus of course. My typical plan of action post-headliners is to get a big pile of food and go sit in a circus tent, the big top or the astrolabe, to miss the queues going straight into the SE corner - have a seat, watch some weird stuff, eat up, and then go see whats going on. (i dont drink very much at all, so sugar is the best way of dealing with knacked feet - its much easier on your constitution than half a bottle of rum and eight pints)
Yeah SE Corner was quite chaotic at times last year, I literally had to march forward to get to scalping, got there in the end. Would quite like catch a few things on there after hours Saturday, (Knee Cap, Cassisdead) as well as the Thursday (Lambrini Girls, FAT DOG) which can be an absolute Bun fight. Hoping to try a bit more of the Dance stuff this year as I often neglect it a bit.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Their biggest/most popular is probably Pat Earrings

Their best IMO is Marilyn

It’s definitely not for everyone, but my god, I can’t think of anything I’d rather do than watch a mysterious bloke in a lifelike mask perform his weird songs about sleeping with prostitues and his own mortality whilst probably being on more drugs than 99% of the crowd.

I’m just happy to see him finally get his flowers. Took him nearly 20 years to release a proper album but now he’s winning Brits and performing at Glasto. I am a shameless fanboy though, admittedly. :lolol:

Have added this to my lineup, well the 2:30-3:30 Sunday morning set which will tie us over until Rudimental's DJ set until 5am :eek:.

Tempted by Kneecap before CASisDEAD but probably going to be at Arcadia to see Eric Prydz.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah SE Corner was quite chaotic at times last year, I literally had to march forward to get to scalping, got there in the end. Would quite like catch a few things on there after hours Saturday, (Knee Cap, Cassisdead) as well as the Thursday (Lambrini Girls, FAT DOG) which can be an absolute Bun fight. Hoping to try a bit more of the Dance stuff this year as I often neglect it a bit.
They seem to have got quite a good distribution of late night stuff going on this year between SE Corner, Arcadia and Silver Hayes so hopefully it's not too bad..

Reckon Bicep (Dove) at the Levels on Thursday evening will be rammed though as well as their Chroma set on Friday night on IICON.

Justice will be rammed at West Holts and I can see 80% of the site trying to see Sugababes.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
They seem to have got quite a good distribution of late night stuff going on this year between SE Corner, Arcadia and Silver Hayes so hopefully it's not too bad..

Reckon Bicep (Dove) at the Levels on Thursday evening will be rammed though as well as their Chroma set on Friday night on IICON.

Justice will be rammed at West Holts and I can see 80% of the site trying to see Sugababes.
Hoping to catch Justice, always find Thursday to be an absolute bun fight at anywhere that’s active. Settled in the crows nest last year for a Katy J Pearson secret set. Example was chaos. I think you are right about Bicep, will be very busy. If 80% of the site are at Sugababes more room for me at PJ Harvey :lolol: .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Looks like it's going to be dry but a potentially quite cold one particularly in the evenings. But I'll take highs of 20 and lows of 10 over 30 degrees and/or a rainfest.

Setting off at 9 am on Wednesday and hoping to be set up and milling around by 3 pm at the latest. Too old and knackered for queuing overnight, need to make the most of my last decent night's sleep.

When's everyone else setting off?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Looks like it's going to be dry but a potentially quite cold one particularly in the evenings. But I'll take highs of 20 and lows of 10 over 30 degrees and/or a rainfest.

Setting off at 9 am on Wednesday and hoping to be set up and milling around by 3 pm at the latest. Too old and knackered for queuing overnight, need to make the most of my last decent night's sleep.

When's everyone else setting off?
Getting the 07:06 from Paddington to Castle Cary tomorrow morning, getting there for 06:30 should be a nice early one :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
@Pogue Mahone , if you happen to drive this band and they have a very tall lanky mixed race guy roadie with them say hello......he installed a book case at our apartment :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
@Pogue Mahone , if you happen to drive this band and they have a very tall lanky mixed race guy roadie with them say hello......he installed a book case at our apartment :lol:
I only drive for West Holts, so unfortunately our paths won’t cross. 🙂

Arrived last night. It’s hot, hot, hot!

@jackalbion - what’s your flag this year?

Oh, and by the way, this is in the news, and could be of interest to those inclined in this way…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oh, and by the way, this is in the news, and could be of interest to those inclined in this way…

Very jealous of both of you. Have fun.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Any sign of a TV in the bar?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not an amazing year but still too much that I want to see.

Friday my run is looking like:

Sofia Kourtesis
Barry Can't Swim
Confidence Man
Sugababes
LCD Soundsystem
Jamie XX
Bicep/Camelphat

A bit dance heavy but will be making up for that on Saturday.
That is absolute dance mania. Decent though.

As you said, shows the depth of Glasto that my first view on seeing the line up was "that's a bit safe/vanilla" yet you've built a great Friday there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here