Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Glasgow or McDonalds ?

Maccies or Glasgae ?

• McDonalds 24 hours OBVIOUSLY. Get those Big Mac meals down my GULLET

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Trip to GLASGAE. Catch up on my reading innit.

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not entirely. As Magafwo's post showed, a departure of 09.30 with a return by 08.15 the following day (albeit from London). There would be various stop-off points to stretch your legs, and a chance to view some parts of the motorway network you may not have had an opportunity to see before.

Not forgetting scoffing an occasional McDonald's meal deal, on the way.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This.

Clearly whoever came up with the coach trip punishment idea hadn't looked into the actual logistics of it, but getting there and having a 14-hour mince around Glasgow including a few beers etc was NOT part of the forfeit. Turning round and coming straight back again is supposed to be the main part of the punishment, otherwise it just turns into a nice wee trip. [edit] It doesn't have to be a National Express, any coach will do.

Having read the responses and considered it further, I'm still team COACH. I simply would not be able to eat enough of those grim squashed lukewarm grey patties in McDonalds to make a dent into that 24 hours. Then there's the horrible hard plastic seats, and a constant flow of dead-eyed gumbos flowing through to collect their dreck of a meal, along with their excitable shrieking offspring running round the place.

*shudder*

Nah. Give me a peaceful day/night on a coach with some reading material and podcasts over that, all day long (and night).

Interesting poll results so far - coach trip edging it 27 to 25. Close!

Current figures are 52/48 in favour of the Golden Arches. GLEXIT!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Coach more comfortable.

Bring on your own supplies, download a load of content to amuse myself for both legs.

Does any gap at the other end exclude hotels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If the punishment is a coach trip I hope to God its nothing like the programme with Brendon bouncing up and down the aisle.
As there is a stay in Glasgow before returning I suggest that the offender is chained to the inside of a car wash until the return journey.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve not listened to this yet but the original one the other week, wasn’t the forfeit someone had eating on your own in a dress or something like that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve not listened to this yet but the original one the other week, wasn’t the forfeit someone had eating on your own in a dress or something like that?

Had to go for a meal out with a life sized cut out of Mark Noble.
(I can't remember which one had to wear a dress)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here