Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Glasgow or McDonalds ?

Maccies or Glasgae ?

• McDonalds 24 hours OBVIOUSLY. Get those Big Mac meals down my GULLET

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Trip to GLASGAE. Catch up on my reading innit.

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Something like....

630 Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Latte, Hash brown
730 Muffin with Jam, Tea, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag
830 Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Latte, Hash brown
930 Muffin with Jam, Buxton Mineral Water (Still), Apple & Grape Fruit Bag
1030 Break!
1130 Break!
1230 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Medium
1330 Chicken McNuggets (6 pieces), Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Latte
1430 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1530 Break!
1630 Break!
1730 Filet-o-Fish, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1830 The Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap – Crispy, Fries, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1930 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Medium

Done!

Would probably skip breakfast next morning. :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Something like....

630 Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Latte, Hash brown
730 Muffin with Jam, Tea, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag
830 Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Latte, Hash brown
930 Muffin with Jam, Buxton Mineral Water (Still), Apple & Grape Fruit Bag
1030 Break!
1130 Break!
1230 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Medium
1330 Chicken McNuggets (6 pieces), Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Latte
1430 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1530 Break!
1630 Break!
1730 Filet-o-Fish, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1830 The Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap – Crispy, Fries, Buxton Mineral Water (Still)
1930 Crispy Chicken Salad, Apple & Grape Fruit Bag, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Medium

Done!

Would probably skip breakfast next morning. :lolol:

Could you cost that out for us Wozza? Guess it’s cheaper than the coach, plus on the coach trip you’re looking at refreshments for the duration of the trip?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something like...

06:30 - 24 Bacon & Egg McMuffin meals, diet coke, natch.
06:40 - 1 Bacon & Egg McMuffin meal for the waddle home.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out of interest, do we get to choose the McDonalds or is it just the nearest one to us? Only we could choose a really nice one to sit in, while some of them are absolute shitholes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BACON & Egg? From McDs? That's a mistake, right there. (And probably another thread/vote)

Absolutely no chance.
You can shove your sausage and egg McMuffins up your arse, right there and they still don't count.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
McDonalds has wifi, clean bogs, you can walk about and sit on your own.

Versus hours on a bus, no food, sitting next to who knows whom, and all for a fleeting visit to Glasgow bus station where you cant understand the reply as you desperately ask "where's the loo fella" with crossed legs and hand cupping your nads.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Absolutely no chance.
You can shove your sausage and egg McMuffins up your arse, right there and they still don't count.

Used to think you were a decent poster on here but bacon McMuffin over a sausage one? You can **** right off!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
McDonalds has wifi, clean bogs, you can walk about and sit on your own.

Versus hours on a bus, no food, sitting next to who knows whom, and all for a fleeting visit to Glasgow bus station where you cant understand the reply as you desperately ask "where's the loo fella" with crossed legs and hand cupping your nads.

You should have used the convenience before you left the coach, modern day charabancs do have toilets you know!

Mind you, managing to point your plonker in the right direction as the coach does 60mph along the motorway, might take a bit of doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Used to think you were a decent poster on here but bacon McMuffin over a sausage one? You can **** right off!

Perhaps I might amend my order.

Sausage and Egg McMuffin around #19, that way I can fully enjoy the fine dining experience for the final 4 glorious Bacon & Egg McMuffins.

Hash browns are shitehouse, but they're just an ends to the means.

Anything to stop me going to North Horsham.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I reckon I could do the Maccies one, easy, for a number of reasons:

• I love people-watching, so that would kill some time and keep me entertained.
• Big fan of the breakfasts – time it right and I could knock off about five hours, just by eating them.
• There's a nice one just off the A12, opposite side of the road to Colchester's stadium. Nice views.
• I've done a working day (roughly) in a Costa when I needed some peace and quiet to do some work. Laptop open, headphones on, regular supply of coffees, happy days.

Much preferable to schlepping it up to Glasgow and back :eek:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

Clearly whoever came up with the coach trip punishment idea hadn't looked into the actual logistics of it, but getting there and having a 14-hour mince around Glasgow including a few beers etc was NOT part of the forfeit. Turning round and coming straight back again is supposed to be the main part of the punishment, otherwise it just turns into a nice wee trip. [edit] It doesn't have to be a National Express, any coach will do.

Having read the responses and considered it further, I'm still team COACH. I simply would not be able to eat enough of those grim squashed lukewarm grey patties in McDonalds to make a dent into that 24 hours. Then there's the horrible hard plastic seats, and a constant flow of dead-eyed gumbos flowing through to collect their dreck of a meal, along with their excitable shrieking offspring running round the place.

*shudder*

Nah. Give me a peaceful day/night on a coach with some reading material and podcasts over that, all day long (and night).

Interesting poll results so far - coach trip edging it 27 to 25. Close!
The bottom is this:
1) they are both monumental life wasting experiences
2) The coach trip takes longer, during which you're presumably stuck in one seat. So the ordeal therefore lasts longer.
3) The McDonalds includes an option to allow you to reduce your sentence.

McDonalds for me, as even an almost bearable three meals reduces it to just 21 hours.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry Stat, you're wrong :nono:

#TeamSAUSAGE

Unconstitutional.

You realise you're actually:-

#TeamAmericanSausagePattie.

I did not fight in 2 world wars and not vote for Brexit in order for my fellow.countrymen to turn their noses up at reconstituted bacon in favour of a pattie.

A f**king pattie.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The bottom is this:
2) The coach trip takes longer, during which you're presumably stuck in one seat. So the ordeal therefore lasts longer.

McDonalds for me, as even an almost bearable three meals reduces it to just 21 hours.

That podcast sounds a “monumental life wasting experience” as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bottom is this:
Indeed they are - it's punishment for being crap at Fantasy Football. Neither option is supposed to be attractive.

Not entirely. As Magafwo's post showed, a departure of 09.30 with a return by 08.15 the following day (albeit from London). There would be various stop-off points to stretch your legs, and a chance to view some parts of the motorway network you may not have had an opportunity to see before.

Yes, at a heavy cost. You have to actually eat several McDonalds meals to even make it even slightly worthwhile. In the rare emergency situations when I've succumbed, I've felt queasy for hours after having just one.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Even assuming that I could smash about 6 meals worth (which I could) that still leaves 18 hours in maccas which would be really a bit too much for my mental state.

Give me a double seat on a coach, a murky view of our fair nation's motorway and some reading material and I'd be happy as larry. Can I take a hip flask?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even assuming that I could smash about 6 meals worth (which I could) that still leaves 18 hours in maccas which would be really a bit too much for my mental state.

Give me a double seat on a coach, a murky view of our fair nation's motorway and some reading material and I'd be happy as larry. Can I take a hip flask?

Only if you give the lid to the driver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here