Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Glasgow or McDonalds ?

Maccies or Glasgae ?

• McDonalds 24 hours OBVIOUSLY. Get those Big Mac meals down my GULLET

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Trip to GLASGAE. Catch up on my reading innit.

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
That Peter Crouch podcast had a good subject the other day. It was on about FORFEITS for whoever finished the season bottom of a Fantasy Football league (amongst mates). Two of the forfeits they read out for someone who finished last:

1. The loser must spend an entire 24 hours sat in a McDonalds. But 1 hour is knocked off for every McDonalds meal they eat.

2. The loser must get a National Express coach from London to Glasgow. Upon arriving in Glasgow, no pubs or dinners - they must the get the VERY next coach straight back to London.

McDonalds is so, so dismal I'm leaning towards the road trip. What say yea ? Poll to follow...

Roadtrip blatantly. You could chat, read, listen to podcasts/audiobooks, take in the scenery, take naps...

McDonalds as you say is f*cking depressing and if you tried to eat enough meals to take a few hours off you'd end up in hospital.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
14 hours in Glasgow doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me - it's a great city.

I quite like the sound of the trip actually £44 return (with my coach card), a kip on the way there and sleep it off on the way back.

24 minutes in McD is enough for me,so I'll skip that

(I'm actually second bottom of a Fantasy League at the moment, so there could be ramifications for me)

This. Great city, easy enough to spend a good day there. Sleep up and back, Glasgow wins.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This could just be lockdown fever talking (or it could be that I'm just really weird) - but both those things actually sound rather good. I love McDonads and I love coach trips so I'd happily do either and I'd enjoy both.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Coach trip. It stops at various places either way, so you can easily buy food & drink, it’s got a toilet on board, you can read a book or have a sleep.

I couldn't, no way I could sleep on a coach with my knees round my ears and reading would make me throw up. I really like Glasgow (amazed at the above poster describing it as his least favourite city) but McDonald's wins hands down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
14 hrs between coach trips ? Definitely Glasgow :thumbsup:

Sleep on the way up, pop over to Loch Lomond for lunch, afternoon/evening out in Glasgow (a town I've always had great times in) with a nice meal, few drinks after, sleep on the way back. Where do I book ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you're going to be going to Glasgow then you'll need to be aware of the clan system so as not to unwitting cause offence. How do you tell the clan of a Scotsman? Simples. It's all about the tartan. Just look under the kilt. If there's a quarter pounder up there, he's a McDonald

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you're going to be going to Glasgow then you'll need to be aware of the clan system so as not to unwitting cause offence. How do you tell the clan of a Scotsman? Simples. It's all about the tartan. Just look under the kilt. If there's a quarter pounder up there, he's a McDonald

I don't know why I'm doing this but

I say, I say, I say, is there anything worn under the kilt ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg

It's all in the timing :wink:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I have done that Glasgow one, courtesy of arriving at my then-missus's flat and promptly being banished for joking that she looked fat in her new dress.

Definitely wasn't 14 hours. Think I arrived at 10 and left at six. I'd imagine I had a flapjack and a fag at some point during that time, but it was a Megabus, so that's arguably a worse forfeit. It definitely was at the time because they never had any onboard facilities.

Could have been worse as she lived in Aberdeen before that

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
There's not one food item that McD sell which isn't disgusting pap. Its the 'food' version of Orwell's music for the proles. I cannot understand how it has done so well when almost every competitor of theirs is better by far. Even their much advertised coffee is disgusting. A return coach trip to Glasgow would seem like paradise compared to the hell of 24 hours in McD (obviously I wouldn't reduce my time by consuming anything!)

Still, each to their own!:)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
McDs would have clean toilets and you could stretch your legs and get a decent coffee. Seem obvious choice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1. The loser must spend an entire 24 hours sat in a McDonalds. But 1 hour is knocked off for every McDonalds meal they eat.

2. The loser must get a National Express coach from London to Glasgow. Upon arriving in Glasgow, no pubs or dinners - they must the get the VERY next coach straight back to London.

People are not reading the small print.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

You can have a packed lunch though. Or just breakfast/lunch out, for that matter.

Definitely Glasgow

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Think I could probably survive on a diet of cairry-oots and a fish supper :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A cautionary tale: not long after my 18th birthday, my first trip back up North was for a Scotland-England match. Off the train and straight into the packed pub opposite Glasgow Central station. Only got two steps inside the door when the landlady screeched at the top of her voice, pointing straight at me 'How old are YOU?!'. Thinking on my feet, whipped out my provisional licence and waved it at her. '18 and I can PROVE it!' I shouted back. 'Can't you READ?!' she screeched back, pointing at the OVER 21'S ONLY sign. Exit Hark, stage left :down:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Roadtrip blatantly. You could chat, read, listen to podcasts/audiobooks, take in the scenery, take naps...

Hmmmm.... for me "road trip" conjeurs up visions of crusing along coastal roads in a convertible, stopping at scenic places to take photos, sampling local food etc.

This is a National Express coach full of randoms, driving on motorways. With one toilet.

McDonald's for me. Breakfasts, salads and wraps are all available as meals. Doubt I'd need to be there more than 10hours.

Of course it you're not allowed a phone, Wifi etc, it's a completely different question.....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Hmmmm.... for me "road trip" conjeurs up visions of crusing along coastal roads in a convertible, stopping at scenic places to take photos, sampling local food etc.

This is a National Express coach full of randoms, driving on motorways. With one toilet.

McDonald's for me. Breakfasts, salads and wraps are all available as meals. Doubt I'd need to be there more than 10hours.

Of course it you're not allowed a phone, Wifi etc, it's a completely different question.....

Such a better class of clientele in McDonald's :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here