Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

give the younger players a chance now

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
i think now play offs are as good as gone give some of the youth team players a chance to see if they make an impression it wouldent hurt especially as there is so many players from other youth teams getin there chance we may just find a gem like ramsey for cardiff mattock for leicster come on wilkins take a gamble does any one else feel the same ?:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No we are too weak at the moment but I would agree with playing some of the 'fringe' players like Sullivan, Rents McFaul and Dixon but please not Gatting or Loft. Let those 2 go at the end of the season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id give the out of contract players a go to see what they are like - sullivan being the prime example. he has been here for a few years now without ever playing, what better opportunity to find out if he can cut it at this level, and whether we need to be looking to bring a keeper in in the summer

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Remaining four games. - North Stand Chat

id give the out of contract players a go to see what they are like - sullivan being the prime example. he has been here for a few years now without ever playing, what better opportunity to find out if he can cut it at this level, and whether we need to be looking to bring a keeper in in the summer

Have you not seen him in the warm ups!!!!

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham

no i mean players like kane wills pearson the really younger ones it has worked for other clubs y not we have nothing to play for now

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
ha ha nice one give sully a chance or you will never no even though the former dutch marine has bi amzing for us he needs to try new things to prepare for next season so we can push stay positive

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No we are too weak at the moment but I would agree with playing some of the 'fringe' players like Sullivan, Rents McFaul and Dixon but please not Gatting or Loft. Let those 2 go at the end of the season.

Gatting would benefit a lot from a couple of games alongside an experienced striker like Forster, As for Loft well I agree with you on letting him go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said a number of times, Gatting has another year to go and it is unlikely that he will be paid up in the summer.

Why not he has proved that he cannot hack it at this level?

We would have done better to have kept Revell or Elder for the bench than keep on giving Gatting a chance. He couldnt even hack it in The Conference with Woking and they were glad to get rid of him. Sad to be saying this but he is a youth teamer who peaked early and hasnt improved very similar to Glen Geard some years ago.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gatting who nearly scored with his first touch against Vale Gatting?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why not he has proved that he cannot hack it at this level?

We would have done better to have kept Revell or Elder for the bench than keep on giving Gatting a chance. He couldnt even hack it in The Conference with Woking and they were glad to get rid of him. Sad to be saying this but he is a youth teamer who peaked early and hasnt improved very similar to Glen Geard some years ago.

As much as you may have a vendetta against him, he will not be paid up. He came on a fair bit last season, this year not so much, however I doubt he is on a high wage and would expect he will be give more time.

Also he is one of the few strikers we have that seems to have some nouce in the 6 yard box.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would like to think Gatting will make it. He has the footballing pedigree (the brain), but his progress has been slow.

I thought he looked fairly promising at times last season and scored a few goals with poor support in the midfield and up front. He has only made 15 starts, so I don't think he should be written off just yet!

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham

gatting is awfaul it should be jake and nicky upfront the lack of passion from murray sickens me he is so lazy i think it is money that we cant afford to spend wasted if you watch jake in the warm up you will no he can do thing most other players wont try he needs confidence playin were he liks up top and with nicky he will learn so much

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I do not have some vendetta as you put it against Gatting I just do not believe that he has improved at all during the past 2 years and as such offers us nothing. I think that his level is probably Lewes or similar not even Conference and along with Loft should be released at the end of the season.

It should be noted the difference when Jake went to Aldershot he set them alight scoring goals when Gatting went to Woking he was described in the local paper by the Woking match reporter as 'the pedestrian ineffective Gatting'.

If they keep him I hope that he suddenly sees the light and proves me wrong but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
does anyone share my thoughts on murray lazy and un passionate jake is better

i dont think he is lazy, lets not forget this is the first time in his career he has had a real first time run. Lets reserve judgement till next season, eh?

Also really dont rate Gatting or Loft having seen them in first team and reserve football

gatting is awfaul it should be jake and nicky upfront the lack of passion from murray sickens me he is so lazy i think it is money that we cant afford to spend wasted if you watch jake in the warm up you will no he can do thing most other players wont try he needs confidence playin were he liks up top and with nicky he will learn so much

:thud:

Another great warm-up player?? I've seen Kerry Mayo score some wonderful goals from angles and distance, and with ease..... in the warm-up. I'm afraid you aren't doing your original cause much good by underlining it with these sorts of reasons!

Players should FORCE their way into the first team, NOT be 'little experiments' that a manager tries out, just out of interest to see what happens. That's what reserve games and training are for.

Keep looking at trialists, make enquiries to other league clubs, scout the lower leagues, take on youngsters with talent..... and keep looking after the first teamers - they are the INCENTIVE to the background younger players. You don't disgruntle the senior players with 'little experiments based on warm-ups'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here