Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

give the younger players a chance now

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There is, of course the small rule that a manager must put out what is considered his strongest side. There would be shit to pay, and Wilkins would have a lot of explaining to the Football League do if he made five or six changes - mainly for 'fringe' players - even on the back of couple of defeats.

QUOTE]

I thought that was just for the paint trophy that at least 6 regulars have to play or something.

Against Luton and for the other games if needed;

Sullivan

Whing
Elphick
Lynch if fit or Pearson
Rents

Robinson
Fraser
McFaul
Cox

Gatting
Dixon

Subs:
Kuipers
Forster
Thomson
Butters
Murray.

In a 4 - 4 - 2 formation not that bloody diamond.

Unless we are looking to buy them send Westlake, Martot, Raccon and Richards back to their clubs to save wages.

FFS, that would basically be a RESERVES match, why in Buddha's name is anyone going to pay decent money to watch our reserves turn out for a full 1st Division game at Withdean?? ??????????????????

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I already have my tickets for Withdean as have the vast majority being STH so how many more do you expect to sell with the season in all but a shout being over.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
I would like to think Gatting will make it. He has the footballing pedigree (the brain), but his progress has been slow.

I thought he looked fairly promising at times last season and scored a few goals with poor support in the midfield and up front. He has only made 15 starts, so I don't think he should be written off just yet!
The guy is slower than Murray and that is saying something :thud:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For sure, give the young players a chance - and reduce admission to the price of a pre-season friendly

Tho it would be nice to wait until we can't MATHEMATICALLY make the play-offs...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The players that are being talked about being replaced have all beeen getting bad reviews on here anyway:
Mayo with Rents or Cobbs
Thomson with McFaul
Westlake with Robinson
Racon with Fraser
Murray with Dixon
Butters with Lynch if fit if not Pearson.

Even you Allan must realise that those 6 are getting stick as being useless, lazy too slow or whatever and all we have to replace them with is young inexperienced players who will continue to be so until they are given some experience and thrown in at the deep end to see what they can or cannot do.

The only one who isnt being spoken badly about is Kuipers with Sullivan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The crowds will be very low from now at Withdean so I would have no objection as a STH if they only charged £5 to go in for the remaining games and tried the fringe players. I would still support them beacause they are wearing the Blue & White Stripes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here