Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remaining four games.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
After listening to the phone in last night Harty was saying he believes now is the time to start blooding the youngsters? What would you do if you were Wilkins now?

I'd play a full strength side against Luton, because if we do get 3 points and the teams up above us do slip up we are back in with a shout.

But if we then lose/draw at Luton and/or the results go against us on Saturday, then i'd start playing the youngsters i.e. Sullivan.

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I think Wilkins will play a full strength team until the play offs are mathematically impossible. Only then will he consider playing players who have had restricted opportunities this season.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Luton are bottom, and we could thrash them by half time, then is the time to blood them

I believe there is no point blooding youngsters in a loosing side as it will take their confidence straight away.

Say we beat Luton, it gives us momentum going into the games against teams near the bottom, making it perfect to maybe blood some of them, giving more energy throughout the team

As for Sullivan, he doesnt get near a shot in the warm up drills.......

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I would actually drop Forster to the bench & start with Dixon.

Nicky has looked absolutely shattered the last couple of games & would be quality coming on for the last 20 mins on sat.

That said it looks like Gatting is higher up the pecking order than dixon at the mo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the season is now over bar completing the fixtures so I would play Sullivan, Mc Faul, Dixon and Rents from the start on Saturday. With Murray, Thomson or possibly Raccon, as he will be going back to Charlton, Mayo on the bench.

If for no other reason than to shake up the team after another inept performance not that they were the main culprits but we do not have strength in depth and they are the only likely players to be a doubt about.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
also, unless we plan to sign the loan players, I don't think we should play them

thats what was the annoying thing about last season - we couldn't go up or down, yet flinders stayed for another month and played every game bar cheltenham

that was the perfect chance to give sullivan a run of games

Luton are bottom, and we could thrash them by half time, then is the time to blood them

I believe there is no point blooding youngsters in a loosing side as it will take their confidence straight away.

Say we beat Luton, it gives us momentum going into the games against teams near the bottom, making it perfect to maybe blood some of them, giving more energy throughout the team

Why are Luton bottom? Not because of their form but because they got ten points deducted off the points total.
They are not as bad as their position suggests. So thrashing them by half time probably will not happen.

Why are Luton bottom? Not because of their form but because they got ten points deducted off the points total.
They are not as bad as their position suggests. So thrashing them by half time probably will not happen.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Once the play-offs are mathematically beyond us the youngsters, and those out of contract at the end of the season, should be given a chance to prove themselves. We still have some pretty good opposition to play against in the likes of Bristol Rovers and Swansea, Luton will not be a push over. This opportunity should be taken to decide precisely where the gaps are for next season and how the squad needs to be strengthened to make us serious promotion contenders.

There is little doubt in my mind that we do have some players more than capable of sustaining a serious promotion challenge, and making a good fist of staying in the Championship, however there are some who are not up to it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A the very least, I think we have a moral obligation to other teams at the wrong end of the division to put out a full strength side against Luton.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I think that the season is now over bar completing the fixtures so I would play Sullivan, Mc Faul, Dixon and Rents from the start on Saturday. With Murray, Thomson or possibly Raccon, as he will be going back to Charlton, Mayo on the bench.

If for no other reason than to shake up the team after another inept performance not that they were the main culprits but we do not have strength in depth and they are the only likely players to be a doubt about.

It would be insane to play the fringe players now when we still have an outside chance of the play offs. I know it's highly unlikely but all the time that it is mathematically possible then there is no way in the world that DW is going to put anything less than a full strength side out and quite rightly so.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A the very least, I think we have a moral obligation to other teams at the wrong end of the division to put out a full strength side against Luton.

And a moral obligation to fans (like me) that are paying good money to go up to Kennilworth Road on Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here