Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham attendance prediction

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Club shop was really busy this morning with people getting tickets. I think the staff there were a bit shocked by the queue forming out the door! I got my tickets no problems after a 10 minute wait, but for some reason the tickets they sold me are on the A side of B block, but when I look now on line there are better tickets available in B block. This morning the guy gave me the impression I was getting the last few tickets in that block. Strange?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Website now too busy to log on "due to high volume of activity". This is definitely a good sign. I hope my earlier comments were wrong and we can get a good 18,000.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
On the website now, there's still loads of seats left, I'd say attendance will be about 13,000-14,000.

Gills fan here. Was browsing the thread and thought I would respond to Kingcole's question for you...

I got my tickets the Thursday before last (28th July), I asked how many we had sold then and was told just over 800 and that we would be requesting more from Brighton.

So there should be a 1000 Gills minimum possibly pushing 1500 as we won Saturday and there have been several days of sales since I asked.

Can't see us winning but I am looking forward to visiting the Amex, hoping we can at least give you a good game.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am sure you will enjoy your visit - just plan your travel arrangements 1st.

1000 would be mighty impressive and would certainly add to the occasion. This could be a 20k crowd, which is crazy for the 1st round of the Carling Cup.

If you have upto 1300 tickets, then we retain the possibility of partitioning the south stand. it prob won't be needed, but if we sell loads again tomorrow, we might need those extra 1000 seats.

There could actually be more here than on Saturday - Unlikely, but possible!

On the website now, there's still loads of seats left, I'd say attendance will be about 13,000-14,000.

erm......

300ish left in the WSU. North maybe 200. Family stand and central areas of the East looking good to sell out. WSL either sold out or blocks are over 50% sold (excluding the extreme wings)

Mark my words - this could get 20k -especially if Gills do bring 1000 and the 1901ers attended.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
erm......

300ish left in the WSU. North maybe 200. Family stand and central areas of the East looking good to sell out. WSL either sold out or blocks are over 50% sold (excluding the extreme wings)

Mark my words - this could get 20k -especially if Gills do bring 1000 and the 1901ers attended.

I was going to get my tickets tomorrow in the club shop. Will there be any left? :ohmy:

This would suggest that there are only 3000 seats available (excluding south stand).

Currently there are 350 left in the North, about the same in WSU, about 3000 in the WSL and about 1800 in the East.

That would suggest at this time there are about 5500 tickets available, which would mean the figure sold right now is more like 15,500, assuming Gills have shifted their 1000. Not doubting what you were told, but it is clearly not correct, as anyone can see by looking at the website.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This would suggest that there are only 3000 seats available (excluding south stand).

Currently there are 350 left in the North, about the same in WSU, about 3000 in the WSL and about 1800 in the East.

That would suggest at this time there are about 5500 tickets available, which would mean the figure sold right now is more like 15,500, assuming Gills have shifted their 1000. Not doubting what you were told, but it is clearly not correct, as anyone can see by looking at the website.

I may be being dumb but how can you tell how many are left in each stand/block from the website?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
:shrug:Why do people think it will be a low (ish) attendance? It's only the 2nd meaningful game and many people couldn't get tickets for Donny! The 1st night game against a local side that also want to see a new Stadium!

I have to say I'm slightly perplexed on this one tbh!:shrug:

Anyone else thinking the same way?

One of the reasons the cup games have lower attendances is that cup games are not included in the season tickets.

For Donny, the ticket office had to deal with selling just 1000 tickets. For tomorrows game, they have 20,000 to shift!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Agreed, but after the buzz of Saturday (I still am buzzing), There was always going to be a late demand for this one.. I reckon my 17350 may now have been a conservative guess!

This game will be a good opportunity for non ST holders to witness some of what we saw on Saturday and under the floodlights!

I certainly was never going to miss this one, whoever we were drawn against!

For an early prediction, 17350 is looking good, although I also think this will end up being on the conservative side.

I have a feeling that a good proportion of the tickets that were sold before Saturday were to non STH's. Now the clamour for tickets today has been from those STH's, knowing they cannot wait 2 whole weeks to go back. I would have gone yesterday, today and tomorrow given the chance!

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Flying in from France tomorrow for the Gills game having booked and paid for 4 tickets on 19th july which still have not yet arrived. Unable to get through to the club shop and they haven't yet replied to my e-mail. Not worried as I have all the reference numbers etc but where do I go to sort out replacement tickets - Queens Road or the Amex (or either)? Should be in Brighton around 4pm so plenty of time. Cheers in advance.

Flying in from France tomorrow for the Gills game having booked and paid for 4 tickets on 19th july which still have not yet arrived. Unable to get through to the club shop and they haven't yet replied to my e-mail. Not worried as I have all the reference numbers etc but where do I go to sort out replacement tickets - Queens Road or the Amex (or either)? Should be in Brighton around 4pm so plenty of time. Cheers in advance.

Either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here