Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham attendance prediction

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I got 3 tickets for the family after the game yesterday (next my season ticket which was great!) and the chap in the ticket office reckoned 15000-16000.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Gillingham might surprise people with their away support.

Gills fan I know reckoned at least a thousand :ohmy: Not sure it'll be THAT surprising, but then again Crawley have managed to dig out over a thousand for Selhurst, and Gills' other away games this season include Accrington, Morecambe, Plymouth and Torquay, so perhaps they might relish a short trip to a decent stadium.

Be great if Gills brought enough to make some noise.

Those who are predicting 10k are wildly out! There is over 10k sold already, if you allow for the 2500 1901 and say 500 Gills. WSU has about 400 seats left, as does the North. So that's 5500, WSL is about half sold (2000) as is the East (2500), so I think as long as 1901 ers attend, we are already on 13k.

I expect (actually I hope) for brisk sales today as many STH's will realise they cannot wait 2 weeks to go back to the Amex after an amazing day yesterday

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No it doesn't. It says that the ticket office will be open until 8pm tonight, the article was written yesterday. So what that means is that the ticket office is staying open later to make it easier for people to get tickets. A good idea I think.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Guy in ticket office Saturday said that with Gills sales, he expects the figure to be around 16500.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had predicted 14,500 but seems I'm going to be well out. We might get 17,000 if Gillingham bring the same sort of numbers as Donny managed.

No it doesn't. It says that the ticket office will be open until 8pm tonight, the article was written yesterday. So what that means is that the ticket office is staying open later to make it easier for people to get tickets. A good idea I think.

I miss read. 100% correct!!!

Does anyone know what time the ticket office will remain open to on the day of the match?

I know all our games are all ticket, but this mean you could buy one from the Amex ticket office at 1930?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Its amazing, it really is . Here we are, discussing(arguing)about possible crowd attendances of between 10 and 15,000 for a FIRST ROUND Carling Cup match. Last year it would have been between 3 and 5,000 ...tops !
I think weve forgotten where we were only a year ago .... what a difference a year makes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Trying to book my ticket online, just keeps saying its unavailable, so tried calling the ticket line and I was 45th in the queue, I'm at work so cannot wait that long.

Seems like it will be decent gate on this evidence!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
managed to book a ticket in the North Stand online

Trying to book my ticket online, just keeps saying its unavailable, so tried calling the ticket line and I was 45th in the queue, I'm at work so cannot wait that long.

Seems like it will be decent gate on this evidence!

The reason for the queue on the phone is because Pompey has just gone on general sale.

You must be doing something wrong online. Are you buying more than one ticket? If so, be sure to select the correct person in the drop down box. By default all tickets are the same person (daft) so you need to change to the other person.

I know, coz same thing happened to me!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Its amazing, it really is . Here we are, discussing(arguing)about possible crowd attendances of between 10 and 15,000 for a FIRST ROUND Carling Cup match. Last year it would have been between 3 and 5,000 ...tops !
I think weve forgotten where we were only a year ago .... what a difference a year makes.

Amazing indeed - I was at Northampton this time last year where we had nearly 30% of the crowd with a thousand or so wearing the stripes. We put our reserves out that night and even if we did the same tomorrow (we wont) it would be a vastly stronger side.

Have to admit to nerves as it will be my first Amex experience and with grandkids in tow and a 650 mile return journey in prospect I'm hoping for a smooth transition back to Brighton Station after the game. The bigger the crowd the less chance of that but what the hell - the more the merrier so I will predict a late surge in ticket sales and a 17K attendance. Stunning!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i have gone large with a mate that it would be under 10,000 so i am going to stick to that.
Start backtracking, the online site is showing some limited availability now, which suggests it's going to be over 10k.

I'm thinking 15k.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't WAIT, and I don't think I've EVER thought that about a game against Gillingham before (nor will again :lol:).

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Amazing indeed - I was at Northampton this time last year where we had nearly 30% of the crowd with a thousand or so wearing the stripes. We put our reserves out that night and even if we did the same tomorrow (we wont) it would be a vastly stronger side.

Have to admit to nerves as it will be my first Amex experience and with grandkids in tow and a 650 mile return journey in prospect I'm hoping for a smooth transition back to Brighton Station after the game. The bigger the crowd the less chance of that but what the hell - the more the merrier so I will predict a late surge in ticket sales and a 17K attendance. Stunning!

You and your grandkids will have a night to remember. Whatever the result you wont forget the experience. Its a new world . !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here