Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm not overly worried at this moment in time, just slightly worried, once we sign our new goalscoring striker that little bit of worry will go.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
From the outside, and I haven't see any of you friendlies, It's notable how many goals you are conceding, is that not a worry?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
From the outside, and I haven't see any of you friendlies, It's notable how many goals you are conceding, is that not a worry?

to be fair the goals have been leaked once gus brings on the youth teamers, or in the second half with less established players

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
A little disturbing we can only draw with Bognor and lose to Whitehawk and Eastbourne, we really should have players of higher quality/fitness levels than them but I guess, the pitches equalize things a bit, I'll reserve judgement until we have played a game or two at Div One level - we badly need Lua Lua back.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
So, what impact do pre-season friendlies have on league performance then?

Hmmmm.

25th July 2009:

Leyton Orient 6 Newcastle United 1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/25/newcastle-united-leyton-orient

2nd May 2010:

Newcastle United - Champions of The Championship with 102 points.

8th May 2010:

Leyton Orient - 17th in League One with 51 points. Exactly half Newcastle's total, in the division below.

In other words, shut up you boring twat!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As Ernest said NOTHING more than a 3 NIL win at Swindon will SUFFICE.

May 22, 2008
How can you see we are "defo in need of major fire power"?

And why did you bounce this ridiculous thread? In an attempt to back up this poor point?

Well how can i say will need fire power? think 90% on here would agree plus Gus said he wanted a 25 goal man not me.

and why did i bounce this tread? because why start another one on the same
subject? when i am starting to worry but only a little.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think being a tad worried given the pre season don't matter results so far and the fact that we only have one recognised striker and a promising signing from Plymouth is OK?

If we are settling for survival then I don't think that there is much to worry about tbh. If we are expecting to mount a promotion or play off challenge I'm certainly worried that we aren't good enough yet :shrug:

I like this thread, the total abuse Steve Foster got has been toned down a little, which is nice.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
yes nine pages but every day that go's by without us signing the players we need, like a
FREE SCORING striker, STEVE FOSTERS thread seems more relevant.

That's a very good point. I'll phone Gus now and tell him to get off his arse and try to find a striker. I don't suppose he's been trying to do that since last season, so someone had better remind him the new season is nearly upon us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
yes nine pages but every day that go's by without us signing the players we need, like a
FREE SCORING striker, STEVE FOSTERS thread seems more relevant.

Not really we already have one he is called Glenn Murray. Look at his record and if he can avoid stupid suspensions he can be that striker. This thread is a joke

May 22, 2008
Not really we already have one he is called Glenn Murray. Look at his record and if he can avoid stupid suspensions he can be that striker. This thread is a joke

we will defo not make playoffs with Murray as our Big man upfront !

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we will defo not make playoffs with Murray as our Big man upfront !

and why not? Look at his record when he plays and avoids stupid suspensions he gets goals and assists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here