Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get YORKIE Back

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lokki 7 said:
I simply take objection to blatant hypocrisy and twisting of the truth to suit an agenda. The holier than thou posts from TGC really get my goat, and although I am prone to over-reaction I have considered my post again and stand by it. Perhaps you did not read the same material posted elsewhere by TGC? At least I am glad you found my post interesting, I am flattered.

As for the moral high ground, I've yet to come across anyone on NSC who can claim that spot.

:smokin:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I simply take objection to blatant hypocrisy and twisting of the truth to suit an agenda. The holier than thou posts from TGC really get my goat, and although I am prone to over-reaction I have considered my post again and stand by it. Perhaps you did not read the same material posted elsewhere by TGC? At least I am glad you found my post interesting, I am flattered.

As for the moral high ground, I've yet to come across anyone on NSC who can claim that spot.

bit of an over-reaction there Lokki 7 :rolleyes:

Lokki 7 said:

But I think that's the problem. No one fights for any minimum standards, abuse and cruel jibes become the accepted norm and people get driven off here. We all sink to the swamp of the low moral ground and people accept it because fights are "entertaining".

I'm convinced it wasn't like this as recently as, say, a couple of years ago.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Wanna take it outside sailor boy? (To duff you up, not any other sort of funny business you understand).

bring it on big boy (i am offering you a poke in the eye)
what sort of funny business btw :love:

Uncle Buck said:
How about November 2003?

Pass, not being the NSC historian you'll have to give me a bit more clues than that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Great Cornholio said:
At least this gave me a chuckle this morning. I haven't really flounced, just decided not to post any more. Yet another personal attack by someone who, ironically, has flounced, proved the turning point. Adrie was the reason I closed Albion Archives for the first time but not the reason I stopped posting or closed it for good. I've posted the older stuff on Youtube for posterity but won't renew my webspace when it expires as I believe that copyright will become a big issue in the next few months.

The "it's only a messageboard" argument applies to a degree and I decided that it wasn't worth the time and anger dealing with ridiculous attacks, sometimes using my £131.50, because some people are incapable of having a sensible discussion. I didn't like the way it was embroiling me in flame wars as that is out of character for me so I decided to stop and post on Brightonfans. If people have had enough on here, can I suggest quietly moving over there as well?

No amount of jumping up and down is going to change what is now the status quo on here. If you can cope with plethora of crap and abuse in order to particpate in the good, old style NSC threads, then good for you. I have chosen to do that by logging out and just viewing as a guest so I won't get the urge to post in one of the many ridiculous threads. Some may have chosen to leave altogether but probably not many all the time there is a guest function.

The irony of these kinds of threads for me is that the people who feel the need to abuse Yorkie and the like because of a perceived clique fail to realise that there is now a very real 16-23 year old clique on here now. If you don't feel the need to use the word rape in every sentence, hijack threads with personal meaningless banter best served by PM's, pretend to be gay by cooing over every Albion player or post pictures of women with large breasts 10 times a day, then, according to Tommy Boy (I believe), you are a flid. In my opinion, it is this more juvenile clique that is turning people away. That's not to say it's right or wrong. If that is what the majority and Bozza want, then that's the way it will be. As said above, NSC always used to hold the middle ground between NSP and Brightonfans. To many, it is now veering towards NSP. These youngsters brought up with the Internet fail to realise that some people do get offended by abuse in any form and, because they have taken the time and trouble to construct an argument online, will take offence if they are abused for it, even if it is "only a messageboard". It may be a generational thing but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Anyway, I'm flattered that a couple of people thought that I was a Voice of Reason! :lol: I will sit back and await accusations of flouncing, self promotion, etc but will be logging out again so don't expect a reply! :p For all of the people who are upset by the new NSC, can I suggest giving Brightonfans a go. It's not as sterile as some on here portray it, it just needs a few more people who post regularly. Si has just updated the software so it's now in the 21st Century as well. If you don't like some of the drivel or abuse on here, post about football on Brightonfans and on here about your favourite crisp flavour and on NSP about whether Safeway's or Tommy's ex has the best tits (Yes, I do read NSP occasionally as well! :lolol: )

Yes, yes, yes, but do you know what has become of Easy10?

I heard his Uncle Dick, wanted him to do some work in his bar?
Or was it that he was barred from working with his Uncle Dick?

Lokki 7 said:

You conveniently missed out my subsequent apology and explaination that NSC was bringing out the worst in me, hence my reason to stop posting. Thanks for confirming that my decision to avoid this place is still the correct one, though. I'm fully aware of my short comings and weaknesses - can you say the same?

Deleting cookies now.

Last edited:

You conveniently missed out my subsequent apology and explaination that NSC was bringing out the worst in me, hence my reason to stop posting. Thanks for confirming that my decision to avoid this place is still the correct one, though. I'm fully aware of my short comings and weaknesses - can you say the same?

Deleting cookies now.

I thought you weren't going to post again. Again.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
TGC, just iin case youi are still reading this thread, who's ex do you think has the nicest tits, Tommy Boys or Safeways?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Deleting cookies now.

Well I think it's a shame TGC, always enjoyed having you around on here.

I took a while to get into NSC really, as I wasn't particularly taken with a lot of the actions on here. You gradually get de-sensitised by the place, but I've found if I stay a way for a while, I rather less de-sensitised when I return.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hannibal smith said:
I'm not sure whether its worse that the mods haven't called time (bearing in mind the zero tolerance rule on these things) or that so many people within it sound like they should be in the playground.

The mods might not have called time because I'm in Australia and been away from a keyboard for a few days. And, believe it or not, I tend to pull the plug on things a lot earlier than most.

It's been an interesting read, here in my Sydney hotel room. I've spent £30 on half a bottle of Hardy's and some peanuts from the mini-bar to keep me company.

An interesting thing about NSC's loose moderation is that we allow (ex)users to come on here and moan. We ignore the fact they slate NSC on every other available forum there is. We turn a cheek when they actively try and persuade our members to go to their chosen Albion board. We smile when we think about the bizarre situation of them trying to attract people they've run away from and, more so, when they mention posts they were seemingly too busy to use the 'report post' feature. On many forums such behaviour is not permitted - you'll be banned and ne'er come back. Not on NSC.

On reading through this I went through a series of emotions. NSC belongs to Albion fans but, at the moment, I feel kinda responsible for it. One second I was thinking about shutting the board down for a few days. I'd be on planes and stuff which would mean it couldn't be opened. Being me, of course, I had a few moments of inner rage when LI and TGC were never going to post again. If they hate it so much - it would be good to take temptation out of their way, right? The easiest option would be to close this thread and hope a million spin-offs weren't created.

As it happens I'll do none of the above. NSC always has been, and still is,owned by the membership. It is largely shaped by those who post and what they report as being 'out of order'. The truth is that a post is reported, on average, less than once a week. In simple English this means that is not very often that any member feels that a post has gone so far that it is worth clicking a button below that post. It's not hard - it takes seconds.

This is an interesting thread and I believes it deserves to run. NSC is at a bit of a crossroads right now - we can upgrade some software to make it a bit whizzier, but not unfamiliar, and that is likely to happen some time soon-ish. In addition to that we could make NSC part of a bigger Albion portal - let people upload match reviews, player scores, away day photos and take part in prediction games - all through their NSC login. Nothing too sophisticated, obviously, but start to enrich the offering and fill the gaps out there in Albion-land. So I'll leave it open for now and hope it becomes a discsussion on how people want NSC to be.

One last word for Yorkie - she's a great girl and Albion through and through. I don't always agree with what she says - in fact I rarely do - but we all support the Albion to some degree or another and Yorkie is blue and white all the way through. With 30,000 Yorkie's the Albion wouldn't be a mid-table League 1 team. A lot of people are Yorkie's too, of course, and all power to your (drinking) elbow. We should focus on our similarities and not waste time on our differences.

Darren

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
afters said:
best flounce of the week so far imo
Agreed. I wonder if we can use it as a threat? "Shut up or I'll delete your cookies!" Not quite the same as "Shut up or I'll cut your bollocks off!"

Off to eat cookies now. Chocolate chip ones! Mmmmmm

PS - Do you (and MoH) think this thread and the 'L.I. lie' one are quite the biggest load of rubbish ever posted on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here