Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get out your BONDAGE trousers for a thread full of PUNK

Was it Crass?

It was indeed.

The greatest of them all.

And, of course, they were responsible for setting up the co-operative that is Southern Records. I bet ever single person on this thread (and loads of other NSCers) has at least 5 records released or distributed by Southern.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
uk subs front man charlie harper had connections with Hailsham , they played a few gigs at the crown in the town , my mate had the pleasure of being coshed over the head by a roadie as it kicked off in the crowd at one of the gigs there :drink:trying to get him out for pttb in December

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
that was quite a normal activity for us skins at the time :mad:

surely that was the infamous crawley white man army and capt out of the damned was palace and used to drink in the belle vue for years and was shagging 1 of the dolly mixtures

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I will be in attendance at the Anti Nowhere League annual home coming Xmas bash at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells...

Hopefully in honour of a former owner of one local pub they will do the classic "the landlord's a wanker"...

Quality stuff.

Seems incredible that I first went to see them in the early eighties supporting the Damned at the Lyceum when they were public enemy number one due to 'streets of London' and now I go to see them and my kids and their mates are there as well...

My best mate Mark played with them for a while when they got back together. he left and was replaced by their roadie Beef who I keep in touch with through facebook. :thumbsup:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
sadly front man owen died of a drugs o/d they reformed as ruts DC , i had the pleasure of seeing both bands play in brighton ;)

Sadly paul Fox their guitarist died of cancer last year. I saw them at the marquee in about 78 and remain one of the best bands i ever saw! Anyone else going to see the Damned down the komedia on the sunday before Christmas. There are 6 of us going!

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
My best mate Mark played with them for a while when they got back together. he left and was replaced by their roadie Beef who I keep in touch with through facebook. :thumbsup:

Is he the drummer? I know they have changed the drummer recently, the bassist and guitarist seem to have been the same for quite a few years now or are we talking some time ago?

Everyone around Tunbridge Wells seems to know someone who has played in their line up at one time or another.

I found it quite funny when my youngest son came home and told me that he had been talking to Animal's daughter. She apparently says he is very boring and spends his time bird watching - it sort of shatters the illusion really!!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Oh, and speaking of the Piranhas, does anybody remember the total KNOBS that styled themselves The Anti-Piranhas League? They'd meet up in the Windsor Tavern as was, and fabricate hate of our local lads dun good, for no good reason at all. They'd absolutely LOVE it on NSC :lol:

Yes I remember them and I used to give out the APL badges to bands and punks in London but they thought it stood for anti paki league. So it didn't go down to well.

It was quite strange that there was two punk hangouts. the windsor and the alhambra and the two groups didn't like each other very much. I kind of flited between the two but knew the Windsor lot hated me:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here