Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get out your BONDAGE trousers for a thread full of PUNK

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
This is the band that started it all for me, Bob gave me a fag once down the suites what they supported the Jags:lolol:

[yt]uoc2sV0TatE[/yt]

This one with Helmer on Vocals

[yt]smArv8xN0Ys&feature=related[/yt]

Ahhhhhh!!! The Sunday night residency down the Alhambhra, Hastings punk festival where the so-called Anti-Pirahna League tried to boo them off stage, hitching to see 'em in Leeds at a RAR gig, etc etc...................heady days!!

Oh to be a teenager again!!
(Sobs quietly into handkerchief at lost youth!!! :lolol: )

I was with them on the way back from a gig in Eastbourne when a drunk driver hit the van with the gear in it killing their roadie (Dave? RIP) and breaking Zoots pelvis etc etc - luckily I was in the 2nd vehicle - 29/30 years ago!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
is the first one slaughter and the dogs?? as for the Damned, palace followers i believe:rolleyes:

Slaughter were one of my faves, just superb. Not sure about Palace links though, they are northerners. Got a great LP of thiers, "Live at the Factory" , really sums up British Punk Rock form the day for me (I am a little too young to have made it to see the 76-77 stuff)

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I loved the Boomtown Rats. Never really given respect as punks, maybe they weren’t. Anyhow, they managed to piss about everybody off. Certainly their native Ireland shunned them. The song “Banana Republic” was as anti establishment in Ireland as “Anarchy in the UK” was in Britain.

Also loved the Ruts, esp “In a Rut”. I’m in a rut, I gotta get out of it, out of it, out of it” Well I thought I was in a Rut at the age of 13, what with spots and a lack of girlfriends

Nothing could be clearer...

Yes that's right, punk is dead
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
CBS promote the Clash
Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
Ain't got a thing to do with your or me

Movements are systems and systems kill
Movements are expressions of the public will
Punk became a movement cos we all felt lost
Leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost
Punk narcissism was a social napalm
Steve Jones started doing real harm
Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
Sucked from the system that had given him his name

Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass
Tired of staring up a superstars arse
I've got an arse and crap and a name
I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame

Steven Jones, you're napalm
If you're so pretty vacant, why do you smarm?
Patti Smith, you're napalm, you write with your hand
But it's Rimbaud's arm

And me, yes, I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear
The social elite with safetypins in their ear
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing
The scorpions might attack, but the system stole the sting
PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Nothing could be clearer...

Yes that's right, punk is dead
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
CBS promote the Clash
Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
Ain't got a thing to do with your or me

Movements are systems and systems kill
Movements are expressions of the public will
Punk became a movement cos we all felt lost
Leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost
Punk narcissism was a social napalm
Steve Jones started doing real harm
Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
Sucked from the system that had given him his name

Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass
Tired of staring up a superstars arse
I've got an arse and crap and a name
I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame

Steven Jones, you're napalm
If you're so pretty vacant, why do you smarm?
Patti Smith, you're napalm, you write with your hand
But it's Rimbaud's arm

And me, yes, I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear
The social elite with safetypins in their ear
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing
The scorpions might attack, but the system stole the sting
PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD

Fatbadger, who wrote those words

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was it Crass?

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGjk1Y_j8QE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGjk1Y_j8QE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Never had you down as a punk fan Hiney ?

:thumbsup:

I like all sorts really.

The punk thing came about when I was in my teens and I LOVED it. I also liked the whole rock thing that the main punk spokespeople seemed to love to hate so never really got totally sucked into the whole punk scene. The music was fantastic though.

Saw The Pistols at Guildford in 76 - amazing.

The Live at The Roxy LP is still one of my favourites

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
TSOL - Code Blue:
[yt]t0yspBiQT2Y[/yt]

Jan 30, 2008
Here's possibly the most comic/tragic Johnny-come-lately punk moment of all time...

'Guns for the Afghan Rebels' by the moronic Gary Bushell-sponsored Angelic Upstarts. And the singer Mensi - wait for it - was a former squaddie.

Not many shouts for that particular song nowadays then. Even on the disgustingly-named Thirtieth Anniversary Celebrations for something that was dead by 1979 :lol:
i'm an upstart oi aint you gonna listen, england my england :bigwave: what about the oi movement bands like the 4 skins, infa riot the gonnads ah the memories

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I loved the Boomtown Rats. Never really given respect as punks, maybe they weren’t. Anyhow, they managed to piss about everybody off. Certainly their native Ireland shunned them. The song “Banana Republic” was as anti establishment in Ireland as “Anarchy in the UK” was in Britain.

Also loved the Ruts, esp “In a Rut”. I’m in a rut, I gotta get out of it, out of it, out of it” Well I thought I was in a Rut at the age of 13, what with spots and a lack of girlfriends
sadly front man owen died of a drugs o/d they reformed as ruts DC , i had the pleasure of seeing both bands play in brighton ;)

Jan 30, 2008
Slaughter were one of my faves, just superb. Not sure about Palace links though, they are northerners. Got a great LP of thiers, "Live at the Factory" , really sums up British Punk Rock form the day for me (I am a little too young to have made it to see the 76-77 stuff)
you plank!!! the Damned have the croydon connection ,all the boot boys by slaughter is a classic :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ahhhhhh!!! The Sunday night residency down the Alhambhra, Hastings punk festival where the so-called Anti-Pirahna League tried to boo them off stage, hitching to see 'em in Leeds at a RAR gig, etc etc...................heady days!!

Oh to be a teenager again!!
(Sobs quietly into handkerchief at lost youth!!! :lolol: )

I was with them on the way back from a gig in Eastbourne when a drunk driver hit the van with the gear in it killing their roadie (Dave? RIP) and breaking Zoots pelvis etc etc - luckily I was in the 2nd vehicle - 29/30 years ago!!

Used to follow the Piranhas around all over the place. Was lucky enough to be working at the Beeb when they did that Tom Hark TOTP appearance. If I looked really close, I'm probably dancing badly somewhere down the front. Dressing Room was a veritable FOG o'ganja. Got to know them pretty well, and even promoted them once at me local, The Tam O'Shanter, half-way up Chatham Hill. Bob had the flu, the skins mouthed off, Bob mouthed back, next thing the pub's a SEA of broken glass. gig lasted three numbers. Nobody got paid. End of THPP's fledgling career as a music promoter, end of Live Music at The Tam O'Shanter. Oh well :lol:

Oh, and speaking of the Piranhas, does anybody remember the total KNOBS that styled themselves The Anti-Piranhas League? They'd meet up in the Windsor Tavern as was, and fabricate hate of our local lads dun good, for no good reason at all. They'd absolutely LOVE it on NSC :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here