Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard Out for 3 Weeks - Will England Miss Him??

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well it looks like Gerrard is out injured for 3weeks with a groin problem.

Do you think England will miss him, well maybe not at left midfield, but in the centre of the pitch?

I like him for Liverpool but never quite seems to do it for England, but surely has to be picked ahead of Lampard. I think Gerrard and Barry could work well for England, not sure Lampard and Barry would work.

3 England managers in a row seem to think Lampard and Gerrard is the answer, when I think its obvious it doesn’t work, now Gerrard is out, it has to be changed

I guess we could field anyone against Andorra, but Croatia, we need something in there with a bit of steel.

Maybe Barry and Hargreaves if both fit? Think it is time to get rid of some of the "stars" who continually under perfrom for their country, but with Walcott, Micha Richards and Agbonlahor named in the under 21's, that rules them out of the World Cup qualifiers.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Gerrard misses England qualifiers

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
We will miss the micro-foreheaded little turd's undying commitment to England while he erm goes under the knife during England qualifiers terribly.

I despise him. Give his (seemingly never in doubt) place to someone who backs up words with actions for his country, or better still just gets on with the job rather than talking constantly about how we'll try harder and how gutted they all are. Even if they are shitter.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Does anyone actually bother with the national team these days? BHAFC yes, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand going through the motions no thanks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we're talking about the Steven Gerrard that normally plays for England - then no, not in the slightest. He's a one-dimensional headless chicken easily contained by international midfielders and defenders. The Sammy Lee 'de nos jours'.

If we're talking about the Steven Gerrard who plays for Liverpool ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I won't miss him purely because it means we will try an alternative. I would rather it was Lampard that was out though.

I can't get my head round Walcott, RICHARDS and Agbonlahor in the Under-21s, and Ashley Young not in either squad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Young not in either squad.

WHAT????????

Has the senior squad been released then? I can see him not in the u21's but he's not made the full squad AGAIN. I find that absolutely incredible and terrifying at the ame time.

And in answer to the question, no we will not miss Gerrard. The midfield would be a complete shambles with or without him unless Beckham stops running around like an idiot and Rooney stops dropping so deep.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
praying that Fat Frank performs is indicitive of England nowadays. Fat Frank should be praying his name is on the teamsheet but unfortunately the tail wags the dog in Team England.

We have players who are a shoe in irrespective of previous England form as they are names (spose thats always been the case though to an extent before some smartarse starts but be honest its BAD now). where as the one true celebrity in the side has walked through walls for England and has been our most consistent player of the decade, and got treated like dirt by some mug trying to make a name for himself and arguably got us bundled out the Euros because of it.

There has never in my England watching life been such a gap between the fans and the players, to the point they are actively disliked, constantly boo-ed, and the FA sits there counting the pennies as the post 96 crowd turn up to pay for the nose to see these badge kissing cry babies.

I hope Gerrard does what his equally patriotic mate carragher did and just bin it. do us all a favour.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the biggest point about this operation is that it shows exactly what a nightmare job Capello has - the guy has been totally shafted by Benitez.

Gerrard has had this for a while, and it's the type of operation when you can choose when to have it. Gerrard could have had it a fortnight ago, missed a meaningless England friendly and a couple of league games.

But so he could play last night, England have to do without the guy for one of the most important qualifiers since, well, the last one against Croatia.

You can say Liverpool pay the wages, and you can say he's crap for England - but that's hardly the point. Benitez knows what an important match it is in Zagreb, and I think an English manager would have acted differently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry I jumped the gun on Ashley Young. He better get picked or I will start to worry for Capello's sanity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
where as the one true celebrity in the side has walked through walls for England and has been our most consistent player of the decade, and got treated like dirt by some mug trying to make a name for himself and arguably got us bundled out the Euros because of it.

Who are you referring to?

I assume it's not David "Done nothing of note since Greece game SEVEN years ago" Beckham?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Who are you referring to?

I assume it's not David "Done nothing of note since Greece game SEVEN years ago" Beckham?

Do you HONESTLY believe that, or do you mean has done nothing of note in seven years unless you only consider that to be scoring once in a lifetime last gasp free kicks to qualify for tournaments to be the only noteworthy contribution you can make.

not digging you out mate but he has consistently been our most hardworking and committed player. not game in game out but head and shoulders above most. you must watch different games from me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree that he works hard, I've never questioned that. He always gives his all but unfortunately that's not enough, there's not been a major end product for quite a while now.

But for "The Greatest Free Kick Taker In The World tm" can you tell me how many free kicks he has scored in the last seven years and countless attempts?

Also, name me a single BRILLIANT performance he has given in his last THREE major tournaments.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but if you can't name a great performance in the last 3 major tournaments then this player can't be considered great.

Can't believe Bentley hasn't taken his spot for good yet, he was absolutely quality in a dire Spurs performance last weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nobodies doubting Beckhams desire and pride to wear the shirt. But the guy is a complete liablity now, and his inclusion is only stifling the progress the England team should be making. Beckham makes us a slow, one-dimensional team. We need YOUTH and PACE down the wings, not some bloke who's only useful at dead balls, and who's crosses now come in from the halfway line cos he can't get up and down the pitch any more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree that he works hard, I've never questioned that. He always gives his all but unfortunately that's not enough, there's not been a major end product for quite a while now.

But for "The Greatest Free Kick Taker In The World tm" can you tell me how many free kicks he has scored in the last seven years and countless attempts?

Also, name me a single BRILLIANT performance he has given in his last THREE major tournaments.

question 1 - no i cant and certainly would not bother looking it up

question 2 - I think the question name me a single brilliant performance in his last THREE TOURNAMENTS!!!! kind of answers itself. its not about the game of his life.

David Beckham - Englands best footballer of the last decade v. I hate him because hes a bit of a wally - its the age old debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here