Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Germany v England

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
German keeper has shown great feet…so far. Pickford looks Sunday league in comparison

Tbf Neuer makes pretty much anyone look Sunday league.

But yeah, feels like England could do better than Pickford who is a great shot stopper but not much else.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Oh my god Brighton have a 5 weeks to propel us up the table and suddenly Graham Potter is miles better than the England manager who had taken us to a semi and a final.

Give it a ****ing rest. The players are shot at the end of the season. No way this game should be played now but the Nations League is yet another victim of the disgraceful World Cup

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's been a good watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh my god Brighton have a 5 weeks to propel us up the table and suddenly Graham Potter is miles better than the England manager who had taken us to a semi and a final.

Give it a ****ing rest. The players are shot at the end of the season. No way this game should be played now but the Nations League is yet another victim of the disgraceful World Cup

What was the England managers best finishing position as a league manager? Not that I would ever champion GP for the England job whilst he’s our manager.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Certainly think if England had a proper football manager, this side would be totally different.

Instead, we have a 'suit' running the show.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Neither team are actually that good, the Germans just seem more likely to score. Pickford's decision making is shocking at times. Surely it would be worth giving someone else a go if this series of games is going to introduce new faces into the team.

On the other hand maybe the players are just that knackered. It's been a long couple of years for most of them, you'd think they'd give them the time off before this World Cup starts.

Knackered ??? Poor dears it's such hard work being a pro footballer

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

If the players are shot after a long season, how is it Germany look fresher than our players?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:rolleyes:, what a defeatist attitude, we are playing Germany not Albania,

I don’t give a shit 9 times out of 10 in these games but some of us think of games against Germany as BIG games, well I do and this is a piss poor performance so far by England

It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Show some patience and stop being so results focused. Plenty to learn from here and try to take the positives.

:wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Knackered ??? Poor dears it's such hard work being a pro footballer

I'm not one to readily subscribe to the point of view that they get paid shitlods of money they should just get on with it. The work it must take to keep their bodies in peak physical form is immense I imagine. At some point if you continue to punish and abuse it it's going to tire and break. Having watched the Hungary and now this game they look shattered and after the long couple of seasons most of these players have had, I'm not surprised.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Show some patience and stop being so results focused. Plenty to learn from here and try to take the positives.

There are just 4 games to find the best team /formation.
Think we need about 20.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I show so much patience when the foundations are solid :smile:

Is there a single positive to take from this headless chicken football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here