Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Germany v England

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So close from Kane, wonder save from Neuer.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Southgate has a goalkeeper who is just not up to it. Big Bob would have saved that goal. As for the back four? Garbage! A golden generation wasted by a myopic manager with little new player development over the last twelve months.Imagine what a good team like Spain or Argentina would do to us?

Sack the manager now and get someone new in for the WC.

And I don’t mean a plumber!

TNBA

TTF

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
And ****ed it up tactically in both big games. He's not a winner as either a player or manager.
Blimey. Let's get Wes Brown in if being a winner as a player is the answer. We don't have winning managers unfortunately.

Southgate is a tournament manager and was a penalty shootout away from winning one. I don't think he's amazing but pinning your hopes on a bloke who got beat 3 nil at home to Burnley or went 3 months without a win despite being able to recruit players to fit his style (not a luxury an international manager has) seems a little bizarre even if we have had an incredible end to the season

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Southgate has a goalkeeper who is just not up to it. Big Bob would have saved that goal. As for the back four? Garbage! A golden generation wasted by a myopic manager with little new player development over the last twelve months.Imagine what a good team like Spain or Argentina would do to us?

Sack the manager now and get someone new in for the WC.

And I don’t mean a plumber!

TNBA

TTF

Dier/Webster have been outstanding this season and nowhere near the squad.

We have an Italian title winner in the squad and he plays
Maguire ahead of him

Mitchell/Rico two very good LBs - not in squad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
JG on and we already look better. Southgates grudge against him is weird.

Agree. JG our best player by far yet Southgate persists with Sterling who has an aversion to passing to his own team! I understand, just, why Pep doesn't play JG as he doesn't really fit in with their style of play but he should be one of the first names on the sheet for England.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Love to hear Roy Keane's view on John Stones waiting to almost hug Gundogan as he left the pitch.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Blimey. Let's get Wes Brown in if being a winner as a player is the answer. We don't have winning managers unfortunately.

Southgate is a tournament manager and was a penalty shootout away from winning one. I don't think he's amazing but pinning your hopes on a bloke who got beat 3 nil at home to Burnley or went 3 months without a win despite being able to recruit players to fit his style (not a luxury an international manager has) seems a little bizarre even if we have had an incredible end to the season

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Don't remember me saying anything about Potter. But you're right who would put players on in the last minute for penalties in a tournament?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Penalty

:clap:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looked offside TBH

crodonilson