Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germaine Greer marked woman.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There's the true voice of free speech - as long as you say the same as everyone else.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I thought her article on Steve Irwin in the Guardian was exceptionally rude but then again I've never liked her spin on things anyhow. It did get me wound up enough to think of writing a letter to them but I haven't as yet.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think she should get her lights punched out regardless of whether she sets foot in Australia or not.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
There's the true voice of free speech - as long as you say the same as everyone else.

Free speech is a fantastic thing, but in having free speech are we allowed to denigrate people?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Free speech is one thing, but being plain rude and disrespectful is another. Stupid bitch.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Free speech is a fantastic thing, but in having free speech are we allowed to denigrate people?
Have you read the article? She objects to animals being kept in zoos, which he did, and makes a few other points about his politics which I hadn't realised. Sounds like a rather scary Lady Di-style hysteria has hit Australia at the moment over this.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Germaine the pain in inflamtary remark shocker. She's just likes saying outrageous things to get attention. She had a bit of cred once and is obviously a very intelligent person but she is also an attention seeking twat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing 10 times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

What a stupid BITCH.
A whole generation of kids (mine included) have thoroughly enjoyed Steve Irwins shows, and learnt a great deal about the animals he encounters in them. Why would any child now feel compelled to "shout in the ears of animals" after watching Irwin ? She is just a bitter, twisted , sour-faced old wench who probably resents the popularity of the likes of Irwin. He's done more good deeds for conservation in an afternoon than that old crone has managed in an entire lifetime of sniping from the sidelines.

Do us all a favour, go and curl up and die in a corner somewhere, you miserable, cantankerous old slag.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
Germaine the pain in inflamtary remark shocker. She's just likes saying outrageous things to get attention. She had a bit of cred once and is obviously a very intelligent person but she is also an attention seeking twat.
Have you read the article? I don't totally buy into everything she's saying either but she had a fundamental problem with what he did and how he did it and she puts her case intelligently, including a lot of background about the nature involved, which she obviously knows a lot about. It's well worth reading.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:
"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing 10 times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

What a stupid BITCH.
A whole generation of kids (mine included) have thoroughly enjoyed Steve Irwins shows, and learnt a great deal about the animals he encounters in them. Why would any child now feel compelled to "shout in the ears of animals" after watching Irwin ? She is just a bitter, twisted , sour-faced old wench who probably resents the popularity of the likes of Irwin. He's done more good deeds for conservation in an afternoon than that old crone has managed in an entire lifetime of sniping from the sidelines.

Do us all a favour, go and curl up and die in a corner somewhere, you miserable, cantankerous old slag.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Have you read the article? I don't totally buy into everything she's saying either but she had a fundamental problem with what he did and how he did it and she puts her case intelligently, including a lot of background about the nature involved, which she obviously knows a lot about. It's well worth reading.

I have read it yeah and as I said she is an intelligent women, but its just she writes in such a polemical fashion, wilfully going against the grain in such a contrived way. I actually agree with a lot of what she says, perhaps however I should have made it clearly that its the way she presents it (as with the way she presents everything) that grates on me.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Easy 10 said:

Best post of the day :clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bitter feminist,

probably trying to put that carpet burned tongue of hers to some proper use , other than that of licking butch , pierced womens fannys all day

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Have you read the article? She objects to animals being kept in zoos, which he did, and makes a few other points about his politics which I hadn't realised. Sounds like a rather scary Lady Di-style hysteria has hit Australia at the moment over this.

Yeah I read it and re-read it in disbelief. She's a grumpy old woman if ever there was one. Always pointing out peoples faults and failings and never finding the good. Sad really as for his faults and failings Steve Irwin has given alot and will leave an amazing legacy for big kids and little the world over. Greer is so stuck in her angry old world she'll never see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here