Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germaine Greer marked woman.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
bitter feminist,

probably trying to put that carpet burned tongue of hers to some proper use , other than that of licking butch , pierced womens fannys all day

Go to see NSC isn't slipping into moronic cliche then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dougal said:
bitter feminist,

probably trying to put that carpet burned tongue of hers to some proper use , other than that of licking butch , pierced womens fannys all day
I was reading this post, when a message popped into my inbox from my mum.

I now feel a bit ill. Thanks Dougal.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Yeah I read it and re-read it in disbelief. She's a grumpy old woman if ever there was one. Always pointing out peoples faults and failings and never finding the good. Sad really as for his faults and failings Steve Irwin has given alot and will leave an amazing legacy for big kids and little the world over. Greer is so stuck in her angry old world she'll never see that.
She's given a load to the world too. But I think I'll wait for the waves of cheap'n'nasty unsavoury misogyny - which, ironically, is proving one of her main tenets perfectly - to stop breaking over this thread first.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
oh no , pc brigade offended

Not offended, just disappointed that morons like you can't think of anything witty to say without slipping into Bernard Manning mode.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Les Biehn said:
Not offended, just disappointed that morons like you can't think of anything witty to say without slipping into Bernard Manning mode.

hardly crime of the century fella .

Just because you dont like Bernard Manning mode , plenty of people do

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
hardly crime of the century fella .

Just because you dont like Bernard Manning mode , plenty of people do

:shootself Well thats ok then. Any rag head jokes while we are at it?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
She's given a load to the world too. But I think I'll wait for the waves of cheap'n'nasty unsavoury misogyny - which, ironically, is proving one of her main tenets perfectly - to stop breaking over this thread first.

Has she really? Her books are hardly a contribution (in my opinion) the suggestion that she made that women should "taste their own menstrual blood" and that women should "wake up to how much men really hate them", hardly counts as a load to me....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Has she really? Her books are hardly a contribution (in my opinion) the suggestion that she made that women should "taste their own menstrual blood" and that women should "wake up to how much men really hate them", hardly counts as a load to me....
Yes, she has, even aside from her feminist stuff - I have a good little book about Shakespeare by her, for example. But you're picking out the particularly silly bits: her argument that the traditional women's role can leave some of them feeling unfulfilled is an important and was, in its day, a radical point to make.

Step aside from the sentiment of the death of the admittedly cartoonish Steve Irwin - she's saying maybe he wasn't all that and gives good reasons why she thinks that. Doesn't make her a "bitch" or "slag" in my eyes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have never liked the woman, and do so even less now.

OI, GREER........:salute:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
well implying that because I made a stereo typical tongue in cheek comment about lesbians that I'm some sort of racist.

I was actually making the point that Bernard Manning is a racist and you seem to think his 'comedy' style is funny. Which is a bit sad in this day and age.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm no Germaine Greer fan, but I have to admit that I agree with every word she said.
My girlfriend is Aussie & when she was over in the UK she came across one of those "Australia's Deadliest" shows on the tv. I couldn't believe her reaction. She really didn't like that Steve Irwin as he is resposible for stereotyping Aussies who wear nothing but khaki shorts & do very silly things with dangerous animals.
I must admit that I have to agree with her. Working in the states now & you wouldn't believe the coverage of his death. Tributes on Larry King Live etc. The last time I saw a guys death get this much coverage was the Pope!
If Steve Irwin knew anything, it was that Yanks are suckers.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Yes, she has, even aside from her feminist stuff - I have a good little book about Shakespeare by her, for example. But you're picking out the particularly silly bits: her argument that the traditional women's role can leave some of them feeling unfulfilled is an important and was, in its day, a radical point to make.

Step aside from the sentiment of the death of the admittedly cartoonish Steve Irwin - she's saying maybe he wasn't all that and gives good reasons why she thinks that. Doesn't make her a "bitch" or "slag" in my eyes.

Fair enough - I've always found her quite the sad old woman to be honest. I think the timing of her article was quite distasteful and aimed for maximum impact, which is usually the way from someone who thinks lifes owes them, and so can fully understand the backlash... Just my opinion though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here