Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan says things are NOT right at the Albion...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I agree with much of that. Although don't forget we now have the wondeful Ken Brown (is that right?, name memory problem!) as MD running the club. Did so well at Millwall apparently.....

I take your point Giraffe.......no idea whether his appointment is successful or not. As for DK, I don,t dislike DK. He has done very well in the past. His strength, his winning battles of attrition. I want to see a winning and successful football club with realistic hope. What we,ve got, is a Chairman, more interested in saving a couple of bob a week in outgoings...............and very little interest in income...(i.e......more bums on seats and increased revenue from merchandise sales).
The bottom line, is DK is unable to sustain Championship football at this club.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
O'Callaghan's contract blast for chairman
By Andy Naylor

GEORGE O'Callaghan has blasted Albion chairman Dick Knight for failing to sort out players' contracts quickly enough.

The on-loan Ipswich midfielder launched a thinly disguised attack on Knight following today's 3-0 defeat at Millwall.

The loan stints of O'Callaghan and Le Havre midfielder David Martot expire with Saturday's trip to Yeovil.

Bas Savage is quitting the Seagulls after turning down a new deal and there is still no news on skipper Dean Hammond, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

O'Callaghan told The Argus: "Things should have been sorted out a lot quicker. A few of us don't know whether we are coming or going.

"I know the gaffer works hard behind the scenes trying to get it sorted but he is obviously restricted.

"It has been a big thing with the squad in the last few weeks. I've mentioned it and the club need to sort it out now.

"I don't think it's fair that people hold people's careers in the balance and leave them wondering where they are going to go."

Sep 15, 2006
Three main players....

Contract negotiations have broken down with three main faces in the team, and they have said they will hand in transfer requests at the start of January.
Some of the youth players haven't been paid since October which is why they are looking at alternative clubs.
wilkins not at all happy, because the financial uncertainty means he has had to pull the plug on two of his main transfer targets, and has told he has to sell one of our main faces, to pave the way for new faces coming in.
knight was counting on a financial injection in the short term. As this has not happened and is unlikely to happen, hence the change in the financial situation at the club.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
O'Callaghan's contract blast for chairman
By Andy Naylor

GEORGE O'Callaghan has blasted Albion chairman Dick Knight for failing to sort out players' contracts quickly enough.

The on-loan Ipswich midfielder launched a thinly disguised attack on Knight following today's 3-0 defeat at Millwall.

The loan stints of O'Callaghan and Le Havre midfielder David Martot expire with Saturday's trip to Yeovil.

Bas Savage is quitting the Seagulls after turning down a new deal and there is still no news on skipper Dean Hammond, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

O'Callaghan told The Argus: "Things should have been sorted out a lot quicker. A few of us don't know whether we are coming or going.

"I know the gaffer works hard behind the scenes trying to get it sorted but he is obviously restricted.

"It has been a big thing with the squad in the last few weeks. I've mentioned it and the club need to sort it out now.

"I don't think it's fair that people hold people's careers in the balance and leave them wondering where they are going to go."

bloody naylor criticising the club again - he should be banned :jester:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I have faith in Wilkins transfer dealings

Examples please, bare in mind the signing of Forster was equally as much due to Dean White as it was to Wilkins.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Examples please, bare in mind the signing of Forster was equally as much due to Dean White as it was to Wilkins.

whing
flinders
richards
o'callaghan
savage

the only bad ones i can think of are o'ceaurill, williams and john

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Contract negotiations have broken down with three main faces in the team, and they have said they will hand in transfer requests at the start of January.
Some of the youth players haven't been paid since October which is why they are looking at alternative clubs.
wilkins not at all happy, because the financial uncertainty means he has had to pull the plug on two of his main transfer targets, and has told he has to sell one of our main faces, to pave the way for new faces coming in.
knight was counting on a financial injection in the short term. As this has not happened and is unlikely to happen, hence the change in the financial situation at the club.

:lol:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
whing
flinders
richards
o'callaghan
savage

Flinders, Richards and O'callaghan are all loan signings, while Savage, yeah he WAS a cult hero but, to be honest, he's a donkey really; lay down all the stats you like about him, it doesnt make him a top League 1 striker, or else we'd be up nearer the top.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Flinders, Richards and O'callaghan are all loan signings, while Savage, yeah he WAS a cult hero but, to be honest, he's a donkey really; lay down all the stats you like about him, it doesnt make him a top League 1 striker, or else we'd be up nearer the top.

well if we are talking permanent signings its even more impressive then - EVERYONE he mas made has been a decent signing and improved the team

agree about savage being a donkey, but the fact that when he played for us he improved the team and did a job indicates that wilkins was doing something right to get that much out of him - im 90% certain wherever he goes next he wont be anywhere near as effective as he was here

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
agree about savage being a donkey, but the fact that when he played for us he improved the team and did a job indicates that wilkins was doing something right to get that much out of him - im 90% certain wherever he goes next he wont be anywhere near as effective as he was here

I agree with that. He was entertainment as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bloody naylor criticising the club again - he should be banned :jester:

I would sooner that he told the story as it is, which must be as it is written or DK etc would be up in arms about it, than cover everything with blue and white striped glasses bowing and scraping to the club. Like a precessor of his used to do.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Naylor's been quite fair. He hasn't even used the phrase 'contract turmoil' in the opening paragraph, which is perfectly justified.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
But what is the story? Is it that we are so tight that we won't negotiate with anyone and want them to leave so that we can get compo via the tribunal or is it that we're actually close to going bust and can't afford to keep those senior players on expensive (and long-term) contracts? I hope it's the former but I fear it's the latter.

Which ever is 'the story' we'll still be Brighton fans though.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Well thats Bas, Big George and Ricahrds all gone just like that. In my opinion we've lost our chance of promotion, i dont like to criticise Dick Knight, but he really should have done more to keep these 3 crucial players.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
how the hell are we going to get an investor, surely we would of heard of someone by now and all these contract dissapointments make me very concerned of the state of the club.
DK needs to clarify with the supporters

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It probably won't happen, but I would be very pleased if someone came in for Hammond and we kept George O'C

But it ain't gonna happen, cause Hammond is playing shite almost every game now :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here