Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan says things are NOT right at the Albion...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How much money will the club lose if by Feb the season is over. If we are in and around the play offs I would like to think the crowds will grow on what they are currently are. If we don't stay in contention, and face another dead season we will struggle to get 4,000 let alone any more. Surely it makes sense to spend some money to keep us near the play offs.

The club are also forgetting the fact that like him or not Savage is a bit of a cult hero and as such does add some value in terms of attracting fans through the gate.

Unless we replace the players we lose with as good as or better players I fear more mid season boredom and even less crowds.

I think the board need to sort this out quickly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm.

The initial reaction is if you want a contract don't play like a bunch of crack addicted mental patients, he says the young players are 'upset' that they don't know whether they have a future, can sort of understand that but again the initial thoughts are don't get upset, go out and earn it. Also it doesn't seem to have been a problem with Elphick, Lynch, Cox? Bas was offered a deal, Bertin was offered a deal. Richards went back because of football league regulations!

Hammond should be offered a deal if he hasn't been though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Most people on here regard DK as an astute business man. For a long long time now, I have regarded him as tight-fisted, and negative. Please don,t even start me on our so-called Chief Executive Officer..........that guy who is a planning expert, not a leader in business.......Martin Perry.

I agree with much of that. Although don't forget we now have the wondeful Ken Brown (is that right?, name memory problem!) as MD running the club. Did so well at Millwall apparently.....

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
"...and then 2/3 of the squad are out of contract in the summer."

Who may i ask? Not questioning your knowledge here btw.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
So what's O'C trying to achieve talking to Sky Sports like this? Sounds like he wants a contract he's not being offered to me and this is the best way to tell the world he's available.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Most people on here regard DK as an astute business man. For a long long time now, I have regarded him as tight-fisted, and negative. Please don,t even start me on our so-called Chief Executive Officer..........that guy who is a planning expert, not a leader in business.......Martin Perry.

But Perry is no longer involved in the business side of things, that is Ken Brown's job.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As I understand it Martin Perry is now working ONLY on the stadium? With Ken Brown handling the other stuff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmm.

Richards went back because of football league regulations!

Hammond should be offered a deal if he hasn't been though.

Richards should be signed again though, and Hammond's contract should certainly be sorted if what we are saying is that his contract expires in the summer. Crazy way to run a club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Problem is it is all down to Dick Knight. Ken Brown is a puppet when it comes to running the club. DK insists on being involved in every decision. Hence things take a lot longer to sort out as he is not exactly full time.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
"...and then 2/3 of the squad are out of contract in the summer."

Who may i ask? Not questioning your knowledge here btw.

I think it is along the lines of;

Kuipers
Sullivan
Reid
Rents
Mayo
Butters
Hinshlewood
Hammond
Elder
Chamberlain
Fogden
Fraser
Cobbs
Gargan
Winterton
The other one signed from the youth team in the summer?
Hart

Maybe a couple more.

Kuipers does have an appearance clause in his deal.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While it's all very interesting stuff and needs sorting, I'd have more sympathy for O'Callaghan if he hadn't had a total shocker today, and yet still felt he had the right to go round haranguing various team-mates. If you're going to do that, you've got to be a) good, and b) playing well.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
In the last few hours my outlook on how our season may turn out has changed considerably, and it is not for the good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It may not be the end of the world. I honestly believe that the club have learnt and we will replace the players that go. Of the loan players and Bas, I think Richards is the best and today showed the problem at left back (although Rents was far from the only problem). I think that we can replace Bas, George and David Martot and get better options. The money saved on their wages and the transfer fee that was going on O'Callaghan will be used along with further money. It could be that we end up with a stronger squad than we currently have. I have faith in Wilkins transfer dealings (he has done well so far) although still question his substitutions and tactics.

I also agree about Hammond, his contract must be sorted out and is more important than O'Callaghan.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bas was offered a deal, Bertin was offered a deal. Richards went back because of football league regulations!

worrying thing is that 2 key players who we have tried to re-sign in the last six months have decided to move on - even with no other clubs lined up

with a huge chunk of the squad out of contract come the end of the season, that is a worrying fact. wilkins hard work in getting a squad that has been competitive and looked dangerous this season could all be undone by the fact that the board does not seem to be doing its uptmost to keep the side together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here