Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan says things are NOT right at the Albion...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Or you could say that Wilkins has done his best to put a good side together BUT:

one loan player (Richards) thinks he can go straight back to a Championship club in January, so we'd never have been able to keep him anyway;

Savage has (not for the first time in his career) become deluded about what he is worth and the club have refused to be held to ransom

The other loan player - who we couldn't sign permanently because of his contract demands - has decided to use 'the club is falling apart' to try and put himself in the shop window.

Of course the board are reluctant to 'sort players contracts out' if that means paying them what they ask, even if it's over the odds. Compared to most clubs in league 1 we have less income and more expenses and I don't want to see the Albion in administration - do you?

As for O'Callaghan as a player - yes he is a good passer and in many ways has been good for us, but you can guarantee that every game he will make some pretty appalling mistakes as well, usually creating a gilt-edged chance for the opposition at least once. But as his name isn't Fraser he doesn't get any stick for it.

This sensible posting has NO place on a thread intended for hystical and ill-informed speculation. Stop it, NOW!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The survival of this club against all the odds over the past 10 years has been founded on the political and financial nous of one Dick Knight. Any number of other potential chairmen would (a) have failed to get us a permanent home (let alone a temporary one), and (b) would have bankrupted us on the false promises of players like Savage & O'Callaghan. Don't get me wrong - I think it's a shame they won't be playing for us in 2008. However, DK knows which players to back with real money. When it comes down to it, he has backed his (excellent) judgement with decent salaries/transfer fees for the likes of Zamora, Cullip, Sidwell, McShane, Forster, etc. For the time being we may well have to "make do" with home grown talent. Fortunately the likes of Lynch, Hammond, Fraser, Cox, Elphick, Rents, Robinson, El Abd, etc, are good enough for mid-table Div 1 - and this season have all shown they are actually getting better. Hopefully they all want to continue playing for the Albion.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Personally, I'm glad DK came out & said what he said. OK, maybe it wasn't a 'press release' with the right kind of spin. No, it was an angry response to a couple of players who have brought the Club into disrepute and also a go at the team for a pathetic display infront of a large following of fans who had taken their time & expence, on Boxing day, in the expectation that our talented side would be able to beat a woeful Millwall.

I'm bloody seething too and it makes me glad that our chairman feels the same way.

Good on you Dick, sometimes you've just got to tell it like it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here