Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd could be signing

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
Why are people saying we need a 3rd LB when we have 3 already Ben Sampayo fresh from the development squad can play LB or RB so we don't need a 3rd really all we need is a big target man and a midfield monster.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You have taken the words right out of my mouth fella. We are Brighton and Hove Albion, not Man City. Boyd is a good player and could be the link up man for CMS. I do however think that we still would need a tough tackling midfield general.

I really like Boyd and 6 months ago I'd have been delighted at the prospect of signing him but with Vicente returning I also think we need someone with real presence that can dominate the MF and not sure Boyd is that type of player. If Gus is after him (or that type) reckon he might have held on to JFC?

all we need is a big target man and a midfield monster.

Agree with the monster bit but not sure we need a target man ... if we get the MF fella it will allow Barnes to play further forward and we also have Hoskins and Adgestein showing some promise

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
For what it's worth I rate him and would have him at Selhurst anytime.
I assumed BHA had 3 decent wingers but .needed a centre forward and a physical centre mid?

Yeah we're covered for wingers. Strong midfield engine that is good defensively and going forward is the main priority I think (really wish the Razak loan had worked last year as he looked perfect, although if the rumours are true about Crofts or Sidwell then either of them would be equally as good) , then a striker if one becomes available for the right money. After that I think we're set.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
Has anyone else given any thought to Chris Wood or Connor Wickham?? Could be possible on a loan to buy or something along those lines

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The only type of midfielder we will buy is a central one who will 'mind' the defence allowing Vicente to go walkabout

Don't agree - we already have that in Bridders.

We now need a player who is going to be up and down the pitch...a real powerful work horse just like Razak.

That's the player Gus has said he is after and I think Boyd can play that role.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't agree - we already have that in Bridders.

We now need a player who is going to be up and down the pitch...a real powerful work horse just like Razak.

That's the player Gus has said he is after and I think Boyd can play that role.

We need a better version of Sparrow and Dicker basically. Strong in the tackle, good at breaking down attacks but gets forward to support the attack as well.

Boyd is not a a strong/defensive player

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why are people saying we need a 3rd LB when we have 3 already Ben Sampayo fresh from the development squad can play LB or RB so we don't need a 3rd really all we need is a big target man and a midfield monster.

No one is saying that. The point is that buying Boyd would be as pointless as buying a 3rd LB right now, as we have plenty who play around the same area as Boyd.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
Pretty sure Boyd isn't a "tough tackler" or "midfield destroyer".
He's not he's more of a attacking midfielder or winger not really what we need, I'm also have a feeling Hoskins will put up a major challenge for Barnes and Mackail-Smith, so if he gets a big target man it's going to make it more difficult for him, not a bad thing at all but something that needs to be considered if we were to buy one.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

From what I have seen of him I am surprised that he is still with us a I thought that he was very poor and certainly not near consideration fora first team spot. In fact I would sooner play Vincelot or another defender out of position if needed rather than use him.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
house-on-fire-boy-george-4207784-360-432.jpg

:facepalm:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Boyd off to Ipswich then, great signing for them, shame, would have liked him down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here