Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd could be signing

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't believe it for a second and don't actually want it to be true. Not good enough to improve on what we have.

And he's definitely not a box to box midfielder

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Left Winger surely although can be played in behind. Same as Vicente for me but not as good.

Not what we need to complete the jigsaw.

If available then yeah take him but doesnt improve us IMO

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If we could get George Boyd and Aaron McLean you would expect CMS to return to scoring for fun and that is kind of the idea I suspect. Don't know if we are in for either of them but mega signings or not (and there may yet be other bigger names as well) they are the type of players to potentially make us a better team overall. Whether we sign either of them I am disappointed if unsurprised that we should be critical. Perhaps it shows how far we have come but I'm not sure that's a legitimate excuse.

Anyway Boyd is in the last year of his current contract and Posh have followed their policy of putting him on the market as he refused to extend his deal. Should be relatively cheap. Palace (he is supposedly a lifelong fan of theirs) and Burnley are rumoured to be sniffing around him. Probably the sort of player who would rotate with Vicente (competing with Harley if that puts it into perspective for some). Wouldn't expect him to play too many ninety minute games in a season if he did come to us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Apparently Peterborough have been looking to off-load him. It is plausible.

And their fans would love it if they got something for him-disappointing was the most common word used about him last season (according to a couple of friends who are Peterborough supporters.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seems to be some confusion about his position. I always thought he was a winger, in which case we have no real need for him. He's certainly not the physical presence we crave so much and if I recall correctly Posh fans said he does very little tracking back, certainly not a box to box midfielder!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
From what I've seen of him then, looking back on that maybe I'm being too negative... I know he's a good player, but he wouldn't excite me in comparison to any of the other names that have been mentioned.

Fair play, I feel the same although I'd be more than happy for him to sign (if cheap) as cover.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
All the time Vicente is fit and at the club, i cant see any reason why we would need Boyd, especially if we have signed Balmy now, waste of money IMO.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Since when did a player of George Boyd's calibre become "not good enough to play for Brighton?" Some fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves me thinks. He may not be exactly what everyone wants/what Gus said he is after, but it doesnt make him not good enough surely?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
In a midfield 5, where would he play ? wide left? better than Noone/Lua Lua? LCM/MCL ? better than Vicente? in Barnes's deep lying role?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here