Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd could be signing

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Will be interesting to see how Boyd gets on at Ipswich, his form hasn't been anything special of late.

Boyd would have been a useful option for us but not sure how he would fit in with Crofts, Vicente, Bridders and our wide players. Maybe he would be a Harley-esque CM player on the bench (only better) or to cover Vicente? Personally I prefer having Crofts to give more bite in midfield and is just as likely to score goals.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Found out from a source that George Boyd was at the Amex one day last week having talks with the club , this could be our midfielder we've been waiting for been talked about quite a lot by others on NSC in previous months would be good signing

Well my source didn't come up trumps with that one then that's the last time I listen to a person that dresses up as a seagull :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well my source didn't come up trumps with that one then that's the last time I listen to a person that dresses up as a seagull :D

He could've been right mate u never know. I think there's something in a lot of the rumours we hear on here but the majority don't come off... (Beckford etc)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Pity but have to admit not sure where he would fit in with us. His position is not one we are dying for right now

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Will be interesting to see how Boyd gets on at Ipswich, his form hasn't been anything special of late.

According to my Peterborough supporting friend, Boyd was dreadful last season but so far this season has been playing really well. He thinks his upturn in form has coincided with a desire to get a move. That sounds familiar...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If they're selling Taylor as well this seems to pretty much guarantee their relegation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If they're selling Taylor as well this seems to pretty much guarantee their relegation.

Their supporters are already resigned to it-pretty sad considering the season is only 3 league games old. Sub 6000 crowds looming, losing your key players, no points and only CPFC's inferior goal difference keeping them off the bottom, not a good time to be a Peterborough fan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't trust Paul Jewells judgement further than I could throw him and he is a big lump and I am very unfit.
Well, with your bad knee mEd, you shouldn't throw anybody... It's true.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Their supporters are already resigned to it-pretty sad considering the season is only 3 league games old. Sub 6000 crowds looming, losing your key players, no points and only CPFC's inferior goal difference keeping them off the bottom, not a good time to be a Peterborough fan.
Can't feel too sorry for them with McAnthony and Ferguson running things. It seems McAnthony is not putting so much money in any more and when that happened they were never going to be able to compete in this league.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He could've been right mate u never know. I think there's something in a lot of the rumours we hear on here but the majority don't come off... (Beckford etc)

Absolutely. I heard on VERY good authority that a player himself - oh what the hell, Aaron McLean - was openly saying that he expected to be joining Brighton this summer, yet it never happened.

You can hear things that are accurate, that ARE peoples expectations, even people as close to the story as the player himself, and yet for one reason or another (in this case "personal terms") it just doesn't happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally I prefer having Crofts to give more bite in midfield and is just as likely to score goals.

Boyd's goals to games ratio (0.26) is near TRIPLE that of Crofts (0.09).

Please can we put to bed this myth that Crofts is a "goal-scoring midfielder"?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't feel too sorry for them with McAnthony and Ferguson running things. It seems McAnthony is not putting so much money in any more and when that happened they were never going to be able to compete in this league.

Heard an interview with their Chairman a while ago. He specifically said he didn't want to end up in the same situation as Simon Jordan. So unless they get new owners or lots of cash, they must be hot favourites for relegation.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Boyd's goals to games ratio (0.26) is near TRIPLE that of Crofts (0.09).

Please can we put to bed this myth that Crofts is a "goal-scoring midfielder"?

If you read my post more carefully you will spot that a) I prefer Crofts for his midfield bite and b) Boyd's form hasn't been that special so Crofts is just as likely to score as many goals.......both points are valid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here