Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Generally Well regarded films that you thought were rubbish

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
f*** knows what a Stormtrooper is then. And Chewbacca. Hands Solo? Sounds like my love life. And that fat thing that looks like John Prescott (I know he posts on here, sorry John). And the Henrik Larsson thing. And those giant walker things. As for Darth Vader, gimme a luminous condom and a dark room, I'll show you a light saber sonny jim. Don't even get me started on the fella who was knocking orf his own sister. Bleh.

Good point well made.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Largely Over-Rated 'Films' - All taken from IMDB top 250

Fight Club
Se7en
The Shining
Wall-E
A Clockwork Orange
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Braveheart
Snatch
Lock Stock
Kill Bill
Trainspotting

This is an excellent list.

Fight Club and Clockwork Orange in particular are just self indulgent nonsense.

Agree with all of them apart from Trainspotting.

The Perfect Day sequence is one of the most awesome film moments I've ever seen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As far as Inception is concerned I didn't think it was shit, it just didn't live up to the hype. The Godfather also falls into this catagory.

Se7en, The Matrix films & The Shining were all crap in my opinion.

How, please HOW can anyone say that se7en is crap ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A Clockwork Orange
Brokeback Mountain
Heat
To name just a few........I know (given the OP) that is it probably required of me to name a Steven Spielberg film but I haven't seen one since the third Indiana Jones film (although I'm not suggesting that's the only reason people mention them as to be fair a good proportion of them did look proper terrible :D :D )

edit: Oh and also The Matrix films.......and Batman Begins was pretty tedious too.

edit2: Most things with Robin Williams in (but not The Fisher King which, to my shame, I haven't seen yet but the book was great :thumbsup: )

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Surely not ?

Yeah sorry fella lol! (but that is the point of this thread surely ;-))

A mate recommended it but I couldn't see how it was special, I even watched it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything! Nothing really happens, I was waiting for some kind of twist but it seems you're in on it from the beginning.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Departed.

I thought the Departed was superb, and really rated Se7en as well, which is slated elsewhere here.

I think the most over-rated film i have ever seen is Chariots of Fire, and i thought Doctor Zhivago was really tedious,

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Spirited Away and Avengers (both in IMDB top 250) are both hugely overrated IMO.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I thought the Departed was superb, and really rated Se7en as well, which is slated elsewhere here.

I think the most over-rated film i have ever seen is Chariots of Fire, and i thought Doctor Zhivago was really tedious,

Doctor Zhivago maybe tedious, but 5 hours or however long it is of Julie Christie at her finest makes it a classic in my eyes.

She was stunning in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here