Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Generally Well regarded films that you thought were rubbish

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Did you watch the original Japanese one, or the American remake.

Cause the original is brilliant!

It was the original I watched (and wished I hadn't), as I was waiting for it to get scary, and it never did...

0/10

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Imposter. Towards the end at the DoY last night, people were actually sniggering, it was that ludicrous. If it was based on a true event, maybe it should have stayed that way.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Christ, yes Titanic. Utter shit. Shouldn't even be mentioned on a film thread. It's not a film, it's an insult. Dicaprio has been cast correctly in just two films, What's eating Gilbert Grape and This Boy's life. Both of which he was a young teen in. He keeps getting cast in these action/adult drama roles because teenage girls, unfulfilled housewives and men with no real knowledge of acting pay to see him. How does he get cast, HOW?? He always looks like he's about to cry. And for some reason when he is cast as some serious adult he grows a tiny, bumfluffy beard! It just makes him look like a 13 year old trying to get into a nightclub, "The Proof of Age Beard" as my brother calls it. God I loathe that babyfaced, whining little prick. And he, along with Toby Macguire (another child) are about to f***ing ruin one of my favourite books and films of all time by re-making The Great Gatsby. I couldn't despise an actor more than this f***.

Hehe. Enjoyed that post immensely! Hits plenty of nails on heads, although I don't think I'd have been quite so brutal to poor ole Leo!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I thought he was good in The Basketball Diaries. That was before he learnt to shove his tongue up his own ass though.

Agree. Good film and good performance.

Quite right, he was good in that. He was fine as a teenage actor and given the right roles would probably be a fine adult actor but I can't understand why he gets cast as "Men's men" if you see what I mean?

Yes yes yes! Astounds me. He gets the gig over and over again. Looks like a student film actor (in other words...a student) filling a role that an older adult would play if they were making a proper commercial film.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Godfather I & II are masterpieces and if you can't appreciate that I fear you may dead from the neck up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here