Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Generally Well regarded films that you thought were rubbish

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You're forgetting Kate's one-fingered salute Haddock.

(by the way I've just ordered that Aldomar film you mentioned on the other thread - All About My Mother - from scAmazon - if it turns out to be shite I shall punch your f/ing lights out you c*nt)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ghostbusters for me.

Get out, you're not welcome here. Badmouthing Ghostbusters is a step too far.

Harry Potter (although if I was a CHILD I probably would have liked them)
Lord of the Rings
Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Get out, you're not welcome here. Badmouthing Ghostbusters is a step too far.

Harry Potter (although if I was a CHILD I probably would have liked them)
Lord of the Rings
Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park

Blair Witch was immense (although it was shit in the cinema or anywhere with the slightest background noise). I was fortunate enough to get it before it was released in the UK (on DVD) and watched it around a friends on his PC. Neither of us made a sound all film and then watched all the mockumentaries afterwards.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Christ, yes Titanic. Utter shit. Shouldn't even be mentioned on a film thread. It's not a film, it's an insult. Dicaprio has been cast correctly in just two films, What's eating Gilbert Grape and This Boy's life. Both of which he was a young teen in. He keeps getting cast in these action/adult drama roles because teenage girls, unfulfilled housewives and men with no real knowledge of acting pay to see him. How does he get cast, HOW?? He always looks like he's about to cry. And for some reason when he is cast as some serious adult he grows a tiny, bumfluffy beard! It just makes him look like a 13 year old trying to get into a nightclub, "The Proof of Age Beard" as my brother calls it. God I loathe that babyfaced, whining little prick. And he, along with Toby Macguire (another child) are about to f***ing ruin one of my favourite books and films of all time by re-making The Great Gatsby. I couldn't despise an actor more than this f***.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Christ, yes Titanic. Utter shit. Shouldn't even be mentioned on a film thread. It's not a film, it's an insult. Dicaprio has been cast correctly in just two films, What's eating Gilbert Grape and This Boy's life. Both of which he was a young teen in. He keeps getting cast in these action/adult drama roles because teenage girls, unfulfilled housewives and men with no real knowledge of acting pay to see him. How does he get cast, HOW?? He always looks like he's about to cry. And for some reason when he is cast as some serious adult he grows a tiny, bumfluffy beard! It just makes him look like a 13 year old trying to get into a nightclub, "The Proof of Age Beard" as my brother calls it. God I loathe that babyfaced, whining little prick. And he, along with Toby Macguire (another child) are about to f***ing ruin one of my favourite books and films of all time by re-making The Great Gatsby. I couldn't despise an actor more than this f***.

I thought he was good in The Basketball Diaries. That was before he learnt to shove his tongue up his own ass though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought he was good in The Basketball Diaries. That was before he learnt to shove his tongue up his own ass though.

Quite right, he was good in that. He was fine as a teenage actor and given the right roles would probably be a fine adult actor but I can't understand why he gets cast as "Men's men" if you see what I mean?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And he squeals! Actualy squeals like a stabbed twat.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A lot of film buffs on here, assuming buff is short for buffoon. Fair enough, film appreciation is subjective but there are limits.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Who nominated you as Barry Norman? I love my films and consider myself a discerning film buff, but for me (my opinion) The Godfather is as dull as a 0-0 Port Vale reserves v MK Dons reserves fixture.

But you post prior to this one suggests you only watched the first twenty minutes before giving up, so this 0-0 port vale game may well turn into Brazil vs France Mexico 86.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
'there will be blood'

I don't care how much effort Daniel day Lewis put into that performance he owes me 3 hours of my life back

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Ring! was billed as the scariest movie of all time, but was probably the most unscary film I've ever watched. Hitchcock's Psycho on the other hand, was damn scary (to a 14yo!)...

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Ring! was billed as the scariest movie of all time, but was probably the most unscary film I've ever watched. Hitchcock's Psycho on the other hand, was damn scary (to a 14yo!)...

Did you watch the original Japanese one, or the American remake.

Cause the original is brilliant!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Did you watch the original Japanese one, or the American remake.

Cause the original is brilliant!

We watched the Japanese original to see what all the fuss was about and lasted until about ten minutes before the end before ejecting the DVD. I like horror and don't mind a slow film within reason, but that was beyond boring and nothing happened of any note whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here