Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Generally Well regarded films that you thought were rubbish

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nightmare Before Christmas - truly the worst film I have ever seen and may ever see.

I'm slightly amazed that my 3 favourite films have all been mentioned on this thread: Inception, Shawshank Redemption and Saving Private Ryan! :shrug: Each to their own.

I am with you on that. All 9's for me.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
What this thread tells me is that the good people of NSC know as much about films as they do about football.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Batman directed by Tim Burton starring Michael Keaton.

Why shoot so much of a film in the dark. Piss poor and put me off Burton. The newer Batman films have been very good

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What this thread tells me is that the good people of NSC know as much about films as they do about football.

You like what you like. Don't get all " Kermode ". And please do not ever say " I really like this work " like Kermode does. Very pretentious.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Batman directed by Tim Burton starring Michael Keaton.

Why shoot so much of a film in the dark. Piss poor and put me off Burton. The newer Batman films have been very good

Agreed. Batman was a big disapointment. IJ and the last Crusade went head to head with it and pissed all over it.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Blade runner, although pretty good, has NOTHING on the book it was based on - Do androids dream of electric sheep? (Phillip k Dick) - which is my favourite sci fi novel ever. Blade runner misses out some vital elements from the book.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Blade runner, although pretty good, has NOTHING on the book it was based on - Do androids dream of electric sheep? (Phillip k Dick) - which is my favourite sci fi novel ever. Blade runner misses out some vital elements from the book.

American Psycho destroyed the book too. Why this happens so often shows a lack of the real talent rising to the top in the film industry IMO

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The Future - okay, so it's not the most well-known film in terms of Box Office success, but Duke of York's are absolutely besotted with the wanky Miranda July indie flick, having shown it for weeks on end last year, selling it on DVD in the cinema foyer (unusual for them) and also showing it for free last week outside in Preston Park.

I just didn't get it at all - didn't appeal to me a single bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here