• ukip

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • will not vote

Votes: 11 4.3%

• Total voters

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A difficult one. Fundamentally I don't trust any of them really, and they can promise anything they want to at the moment, but it doesn't mean they will implement what they promise. There is certainly a lot to criticise Labour about - and that would be true of any party that has been in power for 12 years. I don't particularly like GB, and have serious misgivings about his leadership style (e.g. hould have sacked Blears), but do I really need to 'like' my PM ?

There is something about Cameron I really don't like, and have a few underlying bad feelings for the tories, even though my family have generally supported them.

LibDem - nah. Greens - some idealistic policies, but some crazy national ideas.

Then you have the 'local' issue. I am not going to vote (in Shoreham) for Emily Benn - she may come from a dynastic line of politicians, but she's 18 and can know nothing about real life.

So, when it comes down to it, the Tories will get in again in Shoreham whoever I vote for, so it doesn't make much difference.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Why so many votes for Labour? Quite worrying.

Purely fashion. It's the Ben Elton Generation. People think Mandelson and the New Labour Project made them electable, and forget that Ben Elton and Rik Mayall deserve some credit for making it deeply unfashionable to vote tory for some middle class southerners growing up in the 80's, no matter how naturally tory they may be.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Labour, far from perfect but being harshly judged for their inability to magic away a problem that no government in the world has solved.

Still the only party that has a logical agenda that will do the best for the majority of the electorate.

How can you possibly vote for a party that has been in power for almost 13 years,has squandered trillions of tax payers money,led the country to almost financial ruin,encouraged feckless members of society to breed,encouraged the breakdown of families,allowed political correctness to take over from commonsense,cocked up the G.P.and Dental services,created a surveillance society,politicised the civil service,emasculated the police force,created a huge unwieldy public-sector including many non jobs,tin-gods and jobsworths,destroyed company pension schemes,but at the same time allowed the jobsworths to retire at 60 on gold -plated pensions,overseen huge rise in Council Tax(25% of which goes to pay for council pensions).
On top of this,they want to interfere in so many facets of life instead of letting us get on with it....e.g.the 2 policewomen sharing child minding duties.
Overbearing, intolerant( except for pet projects)incompetent,smug pillocks.
Thery've had their time ,now just go!:tosser:
I could go on ,but you get my drift!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How can you possibly vote for a party that has been in power for almost 13 years,has squandered trillions of tax payers money,led the country to almost financial ruin,encouraged feckless members of society to breed,encouraged the breakdown of families,allowed political correctness to take over from commonsense,cocked up the G.P.and Dental services,created a surveillance society,politicised the civil service,emasculated the police force,created a huge unwieldy public-sector including many non jobs,tin-gods and jobsworths,destroyed company pension schemes,but at the same time allowed the jobsworths to retire at 60 on gold -plated pensions,overseen huge rise in Council Tax(25% of which goes to pay for council pensions).
On top of this,they want to interfere in so many facets of life instead of letting us get on with it....e.g.the 2 policewomen sharing child minding duties.
Overbearing, intolerant( except for pet projects)incompetent,smug pillocks.
Thery've had their time ,now just go!:tosser:
I could go on ,but you get my drift!
If you are of a certain age all this is a mere trifle in comparison to the 18 years of the previous administration. :thumbsup: Basically whoever is in power will f*** it up and look after their own.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you are of a certain age all this is a mere trifle in comparison to the 18 years of the previous administration. :thumbsup: Basically whoever is in power will f*** it up and look after their own.

Word. Anyone who remembers the Tory years (unless they were pretty well off at the time) will NEVER vote for that shower again.

Someone who posts here was explaining the concept of "One nation Conservatism" to me recently which sounds appealing, but having looked at it a bit more subsequently I have to say that what Cameron and the Eton rifles are about is not that.

And Osborne is a stoat.

I am not too stupid to appreciate,however, that the Tories will be back next year so the electorate with the short memories can enjoy again more Conservative larfs.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Word. Anyone who remembers the Tory years (unless they were pretty well off at the time) will NEVER vote for that shower again.

Someone who posts here was explaining the concept of "One nation Conservatism" to me recently which sounds appealing, but having looked at it a bit more subsequently I have to say that what Cameron and the Eton rifles are about is not that.

And Osborne is a stoat.

I am not too stupid to appreciate,however, that the Tories will be back next year so the electorate with the short memories can enjoy again more Conservative larfs.

I thought NUlabour were the NUtories. There is absolutely no difference between them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NUtories once they are in power will emerge as FUtories (as in f*** you , we're in charge now so the chosen ones will become even more richer)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

And Osborne is a stoat.

So many chippy leftie brothers on NSC.Get a grip and face the fact that the Labour party always believes it can spend your money better than you can.It always spends money it cannot afford.It always leaves the country in a mess and the Conservatives always have to clear up the mess.
It's a good thing we at least have the love of our football club in common,because we certainly haven't got politics.
Come on you Albion brothers unite!!:thumbsup::albion2:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So many chippy leftie brothers on NSC.Get a grip and face the fact that the Labour party always believes it can spend your money better than you can.It always spends money it cannot afford.It always leaves the country in a mess and the Conservatives always have to clear up the mess.
It's a good thing we at least have the love of our football club in common,because we certainly haven't got politics.
Come on you Albion brothers unite!!:thumbsup::albion2:

I'm no leftie. What I am saying is:

No one that remembers what the tories did last time will ever vote for that SHOWER again.

Simple really.

I also said that I am the Tories WILL be back next year so you and Dave can show me and my commie mates just how wrong we are about Conservative governance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm no leftie. What I am saying is:

No one that remembers what the tories did last time will ever vote for that SHOWER again.

Simple really.

I also said that I am the Tories WILL be back next year so you and Dave can show me and my commie mates just how wrong we are about Conservative governance.

Politics is cyclical. Those of the people you speak of that haven't prospered under labour will look at the tories and convince themselves that it'll be different this time.

Just like the people that abandoned labour in the seventies and all through the eighties thought it would be different under blair. It was 'new labour' after all.

People will abandon a political party because they are unhappy with their lot in life and blame the government. Their lot doesn't improve, or it improves then they decide they are unhappy with other aspects of their life and eventually they convince themselves it is the government's fault, and the other guys would be better for them. Yes, they were bad before, but they have changed a lot, new leader, new cabinet, fresh young face more in tune with a modern tory/labour voter.

If the election goes as hype says it will and the tories gain power, in 10-15 years it will be the same. People swearing anyone who remembers this government won't vote for labour, as bad as those 10-15 years were it was never as bad as under this labour government etc.

It's the way it goes.

(Feel free to bump this thread in 10-15 years...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here