Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are they get rid of Miliband and Balls then as thats the only way I can see them do it. Every time they seem to bring up and issue to slate the tories with it ends up showing the that Milliband and balls started most things when advisers to Gordon (Im going to sell all our gold reserves whilst the price is very low) Brown.

Oh the gold, not heard that one before....yawn yawn

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

I knew that was coming...yeah let's ignore it. Pretend it never happened. Your starting to sound like Burnham. Mention anything that happened in their watch and he just waves his arm in a dismissive manor as if it never happened. Oh we don't talk about that anymore. Just like you with the Gold. Sell low buy high or is it the other way around??. Clueless.!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

OK, lets chalk up the gold as a minor blip. I do have to say though, I'm very pleased Gordon Brown eliminated boom and bust from these shores ..... oh :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OK, lets chalk up the gold as a minor blip. I do have to say though, I'm very pleased Gordon Brown eliminated boom and bust from these shores ..... oh :facepalm:

Nobody mentions the Swiss. At the same time Gordy was selling the gold the Swiss also sold HALF of their gold bullion reserves. Nobody calls the financially astute Swiss amateurish in selling gold at low prices.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm sure [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] was itching to get in with this one:
CON 34 (+1); LAB 36 (+2); LIB DEM 6 (-2); UKIP 9 (-2); GREEN 7 (-1)

Yoda

English & European
Perhaps just HALF as daft then.

I never realised we sold ALL our gold? Anyway hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?
captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I never realised we sold ALL our gold? Anyway hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?
captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

Brown sold 395 tonnes of the 715 tonnes gold bullion stockpile between 1999 and 2002. People make out as if he sold ALL the gold and left nothing in the coffers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With hindsight we could have sold the Royal Mail for a Billion + more but then the hedge fund chiefs and Tory donors wouldn't have made a killing

That was a thank you present from Cameron because the £1Bn and more was trousered as an instant profit by the spivs.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Brown sold 395 tonnes of the 715 tonnes gold bullion stockpile between 1999 and 2002. People make out as if he sold ALL the gold and left nothing in the coffers.

It's not that he sold it that makes the most stupid man in the World, it's that he TOLD THE WORLD that he was going to 'SELL' and every buyer lowered the price they needed to offer
A complete Clown & you guys still don't get it!?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's not that he sold it that makes the most stupid man in the World, it's that he TOLD THE WORLD that he was going to 'SELL' and every buyer lowered the price they needed to offer
A complete Clown & you guys still don't get it!?
bid, they lowered their bids, the 'offer' is the price at which one would sell , I.e the BofE ' offered' the gold at $300 but the buyers lowered their 'bids' to $290 .

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm sure [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] was itching to get in with this one:
CON 34 (+1); LAB 36 (+2); LIB DEM 6 (-2); UKIP 9 (-2); GREEN 7 (-1)

Surprisingly good news for the Blues,...

Lib Dems will lose 40 seats (from 56?) virtually all to the Tories at 6%, compared to 20 where it's 10% and 15 just 10 when at 15%

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
bid, they lowered their bids, the 'offer' is the price at which one would sell , I.e the BofE ' offered' the gold at $300 but the buyers lowered their 'bids' to $290 .

I went to the best grammar school in Sussex, you didn't....re-read it & apologise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here