Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Typical Labour lies, ignorance & not even being able to add up....with no overall @ 2/7 & Tory majority @ 11/2 (far better value) it's at least a 3 horse race

I don't know why you think Labour's lying - it's the bookies who draw up the odds, not the Labour party.

It's not really a three-horse race though: I see it as a football match between evenly-matched sides.The Tories have home advantage so are slight favourites, but the odds favour a draw. However 11-1 is overly generous in such a circumstance - I expect Cambridge were longer than that last night but I bet there's never been an 11-1 offer between two teams in the same division. With two parties posting about the same levels (and with Labour's in-built electoral advantage, worth about 4%), I reckon that a Lab majority, while unlikely, is a decent bet.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I don't know why you think Labour's lying - it's the bookies who draw up the odds, not the Labour party.

It's not really a three-horse race though: I see it as a football match between evenly-matched sides.The Tories have home advantage so are slight favourites, but the odds favour a draw. However 11-1 is overly generous in such a circumstance - I expect Cambridge were longer than that last night but I bet there's never been an 11-1 offer between two teams in the same division. With two parties posting about the same levels (and with Labour's in-built electoral advantage, worth about 4%), I reckon that a Lab majority, while unlikely, is a decent bet.

Watching Ed Balls last night I would be wary of backing a team that keeps scoring own goals.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Labour facing wipeout in Scotland at the hands of the SNP...

331555-voting-intentions-from-lord-ashcroft-poll-on-febuary-4-2015.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd vote Green simply to send a message to the main governing parties that sustainability, renewable and the environment aren't issues that can be just parked to one side when they feel like it. So it's not a protest vote for me personally at all, it would be merely a way of sending a message about something that is very important that has slipped off the political agenda.

Just as well then that in the area where the Greens have their only MP their recycling policy is such a success.

Oh, wait a minute.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is this another Ashcroft poll?

By having opinion polls for individual constituencies he is trying to manipulate the vote where tactical voting will influence the outcome in certain seats.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's one of Labour's problems over the past decade or two: trying to emulate the Tories.

they are the tories
a bit watered down mind you but nevertheless tories

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Believe it or not, at the age of 58 Iv'e voted once-------so long ago I can't remember for who.
Personally I wouldn't trust any politician as far as I could throw him.
Being self-employed for more than forty years I have survived all of them---just:)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Tories 5/6 in only one place now being backed again with others split between 4/5 and increasingly even shorter @ 8/11 for most seats
Labour drifting like the Kon Tiki

Wall of money for the Tories today, 4 of the 4/5s gone in to 8/11 & other 6 have gone 4/6
Today is the day the punters called the Tories as the 2015 winners

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This weekends Ashcroft National Poll: Con 34%, Lab 31%, Lib Dem 9%, UKIP 14%, Green 6%

Go Dave!

:lolol: you gotta laugh haven't you. I bet Ashcroft will still be trotting out these ridiculous polls AFTER the election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here