Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
like I said, I've been a broker and trader in the city for over 20 years , you're clueless and I'm still waiting for your apology.

Any trader worth his salt wouldn't need to deal past 20 years.
Maybe you should have gone to a better school & paid more attention?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Daily Mail have been consistently attacking Milliband and his family since he was elected, nothing new here and nothing illegal unlike Fink and his everyone avoids tax speech

Ok we'll just ignore it then because you say so. Dodgy as **** the lot of them. Doubt you would be as forgiving if it was anyone but Milly and co.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Didn't your superior grammar school inform you that statistics like that would result in a majority Labour government?

Not quite as A liberal rout does not impact on the separate fact that the incumbent party ALWAYS goes higher in the months leading up to polling day.
So in combination it makes it MORE likely which is why the Tories are 4/6 from 11/10 a year ago
My evens bet struck last year on The Liberals below 38.5 seats is certain whatever, I'm sure you'd agree

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Any trader worth his salt wouldn't need to deal past 20 years.
Maybe you should have gone to a better school & paid more attention?
Really ?? You reveal a glaring ignorance of the city, you haven't got a clue , maybe YOU didn't do very well at your grammar school , is that why you need to make grandiose statements on here ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not quite as A liberal rout does not impact on the separate fact that the incumbent party ALWAYS goes higher in the months leading up to polling day.
So in combination it makes it MORE likely which is why the Tories are 4/6 from 11/10 a year ago
My evens bet struck last year on The Liberals below 38.5 seats is certain whatever, I'm sure you'd agree

Your Liberal bet looks likely. But your grasp of (even recent) electoral history is dire. Any self-respecting grammar school boy would regard it as a failure. Did Brown's Labour increase its polling in the months leading up to 2010? Did Major's in 1997?
And, if you had a decent grasp of how electoral percentages translate into seats, you'd recognise that a Labour national % equal to the Tory one results in more seats for Labour, so a 3% lead for Labour translates into an outright majority. You're also missing the point that the majority of seats that the Liberals lose will be to Labour, while the ones that they hold on to will predominantly be in Tory-Liberal marginals.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Interesting piece in the Spectator about how good Ed Miliband is: indeed Peter Oborne calls him "the most accomplished opposition leader since the war". And remember that Oborne is a Tory writer in a right wing publication (albeit one that is no fan of Cameron)

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features...s-failed-they-hate-him-for-how-hes-succeeded/

Think "the best" is going a bit far but Oborne makes some very pertinent points - I certainly agree that the Tory attacks on Miliband are because he's an effective leader not because he isn't

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting piece in the Spectator about how good Ed Miliband is: indeed Peter Oborne calls him "the most accomplished opposition leader since the war". And remember that Oborne is a Tory writer in a right wing publication (albeit one that is no fan of Cameron)

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features...s-failed-they-hate-him-for-how-hes-succeeded/

Think "the best" is going a bit far but Oborne makes some very pertinent points - I certainly agree that the Tory attacks on Miliband are because he's an effective leader not because he isn't

Oborne is the best journalist coming from a right-wing perspective, by some considerable distance. He's both wise and generous, and often surprising too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can you please stay out of the polling station so Herr Tubthumper and the boys can do a lap of honour

I really wouldn't count your chickens - this makes for an interesting read - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31066643. It effectively predicts what I've said all along ( and predicted in a conversation with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], possibly even on this thread but I can't be bothered to check through 41 pages ! ) that it will end with a hung parliament and one of the two main parties running a minority government.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really wouldn't count your chickens - this makes for an interesting read - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31066643. It effectively predicts what I've said all along ( and predicted in a conversation with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION], possibly even on this thread but I can't be bothered to check through 41 pages ! ) that it will end with a hung parliament and one of the two main parties running a minority government.
Yes, but according to that research, Labour are highly likely (70%) to be the senior partner.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes, but according to that research, Labour are highly likely (70%) to be the senior partner.

I assume your talking about the research you previous posted about because the article I posted is only opinion ? If the predictions in the article I posted are correct there wouldn't be a senior partner - it would be minority government.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I assume your talking about the research you previous posted about because the article I posted is only opinion ? If the predictions in the article I posted are correct there wouldn't be a senior partner - it would be minority government.
I used to think a minority government would be preferable to a coalition, but not anymore.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you please stay out of the polling station so Herr Tubthumper and the boys can do a lap of honour

I know its hard for the lefty types to stop manipulating what happens at the ballot box but is it not possible for you to vacate the vicinity whilst people are trying to vote?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I used to think a minority government would be preferable to a coalition, but not anymore.

Agreed. Whether you support them or agree with what they've done, the current coalition have shown it's possible to actually get things done if you work together. Now imagine what could be achieved if the best bits of the Tories and the best bits of Labour joined forces to form a government !

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It depends what you do to avoid paying tax. If you break the law then it is illegal.
I avoided the Daily Mail but the Guardian version is clear enough. As a result of a deed prepared after his death, the father's will was altered, completely legally, to reduce potential inheritance tax. Following subsequent changes there would be no impact. But that changing the will is tax avoidance, pure and simple. Not illegal, but avoiding (potential) tax nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here