General Election 2015

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you really want scenes like this tonight? You'd be best off making it dinner for one, I would have thought.

dvhgk1.jpg

Do you really think Miss Sophie will turn up at Herr Tubthumper's soirée ? It was the same as last years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This won't help #SaveEd either...

Today's Ipsos Mori poll (Scotland):SNP: 59% (+21)Lab: 14% (-19)Con: 12% (-5)Green: 8% (+6)Lib: 4% (-1)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This sort of massive underestimation is hardly uncommon in politics though - do we need to Google the Conservative party's promises on deficit reduction compared to what has actually been delivered?

absolutly deficit reduction hasnt worked as planned, however i think its pretty unusal for a new "fully costed" policy to have such a gapping hole in it, once they acknowledged/added all the detail. it shows a policy unit that comes up with an idea without thinking through the implementation. again not uncommon, but they've already promised where they'd spend this money, so the commitment is broken before even getting to office.

as for trustworthiness, maybe Miliband is better. he has shown he's willing to do something and stick with it even when its clearly the wrong policy. rather than u-turn he will come up with a new policy that compounds the problems and create new ones. (talking energy policy). another not uncommon trait but i usually expect flagship policies to at least be sound in political principle, even if one doesnt agree with them. so in power is he just going to run after every shiny policy idea and stick with them even when noone wants them and they dont work? u-turns can be healthy (though Cameron must make himself dizzy sometimes.)

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I can see it being a fairly even 4 way split next year, something like 29% Tory 26% Labour 23% UKIP 22% Libs. The machinations between the parties would be something to behold. Actually that's bollox! I was forgetting about Northern Ireland MPs and the SNP. Oh dear, this is going to get messy, isn't it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This won't help #SaveEd either...

Today's Ipsos Mori poll (Scotland):SNP: 59% (+21)Lab: 14% (-19)Con: 12% (-5)Green: 8% (+6)Lib: 4% (-1)

it will be very interesting to see the SNP be the third largest party. im wondering, if they could park full independance for a generation (as the vote has told them to), they could get into bed with the Tories in exchange for comprehensive devolution.

I can see it being a fairly even 4 way split next year, something like 29% Tory 26% Labour 23% UKIP 22% Libs. The machinations between the parties would be something to behold. Actually that's bollox! I was forgetting about Northern Ireland MPs and the SNP. Oh dear, this is going to get messy, isn't it?

Not a chance will Libs get anywhere near 22%.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Might that have something to do with the fact that the Guardian has a specific Media jobs section? Even Sky News advertises in the Guardian as that's where everyone looking for a media job would look

Media jobs are advertised in all the broadsheets, the Indy on Monday with the Times and Telegraph on Wednesday.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/Caree...unting/NewspaperJournaljobAdvertisingDays.pdf

It says something about the integrity of SKY that they advertise in the Guardian.............especially when contrasted to the advertising stats of the BBC.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

22% lib dems! No chance Nick!

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Not a chance will Libs get anywhere near 22%.
You are probably right, I certainly wouldn't disagree. I only put it out there for discussion.
I can't see a clear winner and in fact I don't particularly want one. I think this coalition has worked better than a Tory majority would have done. I certainly do not want a Tory majority next time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
absolutly deficit reduction hasnt worked as planned, however i think its pretty unusal for a new "fully costed" policy to have such a gapping hole in it, once they acknowledged/added all the detail. it shows a policy unit that comes up with an idea without thinking through the implementation. again not uncommon, but they've already promised where they'd spend this money, so the commitment is broken before even getting to office.

as for trustworthiness, maybe Miliband is better. he has shown he's willing to do something and stick with it even when its clearly the wrong policy. rather than u-turn he will come up with a new policy that compounds the problems and create new ones. (talking energy policy). another not uncommon trait but i usually expect flagship policies to at least be sound in political principle, even if one doesnt agree with them. so in power is he just going to run after every shiny policy idea and stick with them even when noone wants them and they dont work? u-turns can be healthy (though Cameron must make himself dizzy sometimes.)

No u turn, stick with it, no u turn

Post edited....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The economic news is debatable. I was reading a few days ago that the vast majority of jobs (4/5) are below national average wage and a hefty chunk are minimum wage and/or zero hours contracts. Few seem to actually be benefiting from the 'upturn.'

Different slant today, supervisory & managerial highest increase & wages of those over 1 year in same job

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
22% lib dems! No chance Nick!

Don't be so sure mate. They raised the Tax threshold which Labour and Tory parties had no interest in doing. They have a heartland of support which I am not sure others do.
UKIP is a protest vote which is very easy to understand but you have to look further than just getting out of Europe to solve our problems. Cracking down on benefit cheats, immigrants coming here for the benefits is all smoke and mirrors. It's playing on peoples fears and a xenophobic tendency that this county has. We don't like foreign!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here