Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Read a very good article about Farage today, despite not being the biggest football fan, he supports Palace!!

Oh dear God, please please please tell me you are lying?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I couldn't imagine lightweight Cameron as PM, but he managed it somehow. I reckon Ed would be a decent PM, all this hounding from the press is ridiculous.
This. It is normal for Leaders of the Opposition to appear much less "PrimeMinisterial" in comparison with those who have already held the top job.

Most people would never have believed that in the second decade of the 21st Century our country could be governed by a bunch of Lord Snooty caricatures whose main achievement has been to make their chums richer...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Latest from YouGov in The Sun.

Greens ahead of LibDems once more. They have increased their membership by 80% in 2014 I understand.

Attachments

• 1461810_828229690561820_5788793869479542526_n.jpg
    1461810_828229690561820_5788793869479542526_n.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 243

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nope! Quote from here. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nigel-farage-interview-immigration-botham-bitter-1474992

"I ask him what he's doing this weekend. "Catching up on letters tomorrow, maybe watch the rugby," is his response. He says he's not usually a big rugby fan, and isn't mad on football either, although he supports Crystal Palace, where one of his sons now has a season ticket."

I've been telling you he's a wrong-un for ages. You dont listen do you??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not a fan of Ed but having watched the 7min YouTube video of the interview I don't agree that he was a disaster. He put his point across, none of the rest of the panel agreed with it but it doesn't make Miliband wrong. He is clearly trying to raise money to fund the NHS so favours a mansion tax - if the others don't agree then it's incumbent upon them to come up with a better idea to raise the money because it definitely needs to be raised.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not a fan of Ed but having watched the 7min YouTube video of the interview I don't agree that he was a disaster. He put his point across, none of the rest of the panel agreed with it but it doesn't make Miliband wrong. He is clearly trying to raise money to fund the NHS so favours a mansion tax - if the others don't agree then it's incumbent upon them to come up with a better idea to raise the money because it definitely needs to be raised.

Totally agree. I watched it after seeing the hoo-ha this morning and, as I almost expected, the stories of him being humiliated were total bollocks. The anti-Ed campaign is getting ridiculous now - the social media feeds I saw were slagging off Mylene Klass for making a fool of herself. This is now being spun to suggest the opposite

I don't agree with the mansion tax but, as Pav says, it's no good slagging it off and not coming up with any other suggestions

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll cut multi-millionaire Klaas some slack because the idea of paying mansion tax for her is understandably a tough one to swallow, although if she really wanted to make a fool of herself I'd be happy to go out with her in Central London on any given night of her choosing.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Like she says. You cant just point your finger at something and say - Ill tax that!

They only fair way to raise money for the NHS is....

wait for it...

here it comes...

...raising the the NI contributions. Its the fairest way to do it. Its what much of the money is already raised on. Plus it fairly evenly spread so that if you earn more, you pay more. That was the point of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Totally agree. I watched it after seeing the hoo-ha this morning and, as I almost expected, the stories of him being humiliated were total bollocks. The anti-Ed campaign is getting ridiculous now - the social media feeds I saw were slagging off Mylene Klass for making a fool of herself. This is now being spun to suggest the opposite

It's not so much that she demolished him with any sound argument but that he just sat there like a lemon and took the haranguing. There IS a tax on water - it's called water rates, why didn't he respond with that? If the mansion tax is a cornerstone of his manifesto he ought to have a ready-made speech for why it's a good thing. He had none. He's only just getting around on Twitter to responding to the points Myleene raised.

This man has aspirations to be Prime Minister. He's been surrounded by politics all his life and he's been a politician all his adult life. This is what he does for a living. A tame panel show discussing Labour policy should be meat and drink to him but he couldn't bring his personality to control this most innocuous of environments. He's out of his depth as opposition leader and it shows.

I don't agree with the mansion tax but, as Pav says, it's no good slagging it off and not coming up with any other suggestions

Why should Myleene Klass have to come up with any suggestions? And if an idea is so bad that it's dangerous why is it so bad for others to state that without having to come up with alternatives?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not so much that she demolished him with any sound argument but that he just sat there like a lemon and took the haranguing.

He did argue back - he made his point and left it at that. If he had pressed further, the papers would have been full of "Miliband bullies singer " stories this morning - he couldn't win.

The real mistake was putting him on it. The guy has terrible press advisors: any decent PR person would have kept him away from bacon sandwiches, homeless people and tame panel shows - it would never have happened with Alistair Campbell around.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He did argue back - he made his point and left it at that. If he had pressed further, the papers would have been full of "Miliband bullies singer " stories this morning - he couldn't win.

The real mistake was putting him on it. The guy has terrible press advisors: any decent PR person would have kept him away from bacon sandwiches, homeless people and tame panel shows - it would never have happened with Alistair Campbell around.

You're joking surely? As I've said, this was a tame environment. He's aspirations to lead this country, he SHOULD have bullied his way on that show - and I disagree about the potential negative headlines. There would have been no headlines about the show if he'd forced control of the show. Question Time has politicians shouting down singers all the time - no headlines. He made a very broad point but his response was weak and let Myleene have the last word - which is what the viewers will remember. This is basic stuff. He's not up to the job.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why should Myleene Klass have to come up with any suggestions?

I could come up with a few suggestions for Myleene Klass. :wink:

Incidently, she is 20-1 now to become a Tory MP, but only 33-1 to become a Labour one. Perhaps it would simply be a case of her singing one of our songs with the NSK to decide…:shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I could come up with a few suggestions for Myleene Klass. :wink:

Incidently, she is 20-1 now to become a Tory MP, but only 33-1 to become a Labour one. Perhaps it would simply be a case of her singing one of our songs with the NSK to decide…:shrug:

She's a Tory, you just know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here