Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2010 All-Nighter Edition

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It's all the oop North labour seats where the thickies can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning. 15 hours, 15 flippin hours!!! How can that not be enough??

no - apparently whenever they went in the day they were turned around as the voters roll they had at the polling stations was not update hence people not able to vote

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think the exit poll will prove to be misleading. The lib dems will still be a factor and I still reckon 3 party politics will bring a conservative majority. Anything less will be Ronny Rosanthal esque

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour claiming 600 turned away from Chester as voting records not updated??

not updated or they didnt bother to register i wonder - how can we tell? 600 seems to be a fairly large change of population since the last elections a year ago for euro elections.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
no - apparently whenever they went in the day they were turned around as the voters roll they had at the polling stations was not update hence people not able to vote

Shouldn't have registered so late then, just because they saw the x factor leader debate.

Little sympathy I am afraid.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This woman takes the biscuit. Turned up at 6pm, queue too long, went home, looked againat 7pm went home!!! Just join the queue you stupid Nothern mare.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Any truth in the story that Afghanistan and Iraq are willing to send observers to ensure the rerun election is fair?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people crying because they went to the polling station earlier in the evneing, found a queue and went home, returned later but too late to get in before 10pm. sorry, tough. your vote is so precious, but 20-30 minutes not queuing was apparently more precious.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You're getting a bit cocky considering we've only had 3 results. ???

To be fair though, Clegg's a bit lightweight, isn't he?

He's more like a geography teacher than a potential parliamentary kingmaker.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Shouldn't have registered so late then, just because they saw the x factor leader debate.

Little sympathy I am afraid.

I agree with most of this, polling stations are open for 15 hours, there is no sympathy for latecomers.

IF however the organisers havent taken into account the probable increase in voting numbers (largely due to the television debates) and have resourced polling stations based on previous turnout then those turned away have my sympathy.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
unfortunately it had a massive swing to the right!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here