Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride?

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
They are all still being gay and giggley and look I am different up, and down The Drove now.............homosexuality is accepted in society why still show off about it.

My point exactly Mr bred.
We don't still see the Suffrogets marching through the streets celebrating womens voting rights although that was a breakthrough far greater than gay liberation ever will be. Catholics have had a bad day or two over the last couple of centuries and, I understand, witches are no longer burnt at the stake, so why all the fuss about being gay?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am aware of that Mr Deep, but it doesn't answer my question. Why do gay people need to march through city centers, any city centers, to celebrate being what they are?
I just don't get it.

In the USA they have MLK day to celebrate the civil rights fight, which is a relatively recent victory. The same principle applies to Pride. Puddle jumping was outlawed for a long time, and it is only since 1967 that those who bowl from the pavilion end have have been able to legally indulge in some bumfunnery, and only since 2001 has the age of consent been the same for soud fumblers and bean flickers as it has been for straights

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I understand your point Mr 25, If gays and other sexual minorities have days out why don't Palace fans?
Not sure that I know the answer to that one, I think we have done all we can to help a small group of people such as you.
Apparently when you were offered tickets to come to Withdean, you were unable to sell your allocation so perhaps there are not enough of your particular sexual oriantation to make it worth the coach ride.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
it is only since 1967 that those who bowl from the pavilion end have have been able to legally indulge

I know I shouldn't :laugh::laugh:

Bit I can't help it.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
Guess so. Intolerance is very 20th century.

Thank you Mr Wozza, does that suggest that you are of a similar era and accept that it comes with some intolerances, or that you are a wipper snapper that carries nothing from a previous, more intolerant but more glorious era, into the present, more enlightened times that we are gifted to live in?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Thank you Mr Wozza, does that suggest that you are of a similar era and accept that it comes with some intolerances, or that you are a wipper snapper that carries nothing from a previous, more intolerant but more glorious era, into the present, more enlightened times that we are gifted to live in?

Bit late for a serious debate but...

I grew up in a small Sussex town in the 70s, around people who - as I would realise many years later - were very small-minded.

I guess my eyes opened when I moved away (especially when I arrived in London), through travelling, and working and mixing with people from varied backgrounds.

As my Welsh friends would atest, I can still be guilty of some casual bigotry. I think most people are.

But, you know, I have relatives that have, at one time of another, claimed to HATE northerners, London, the French, Scots, Germans, 'Japs' (actually, all Asians), gays, gypsies, Americans, Muslims, the Irish... and I'm sure I'm missing loads out.

I mean, if you're hating that many people on the planet, you need to ask if they're the problem, or if it's you.

So, I try to take people as they are, and not make assumptions based on colour, religion, nationality, sexuality etc.

Although, admitedly, I do find myself judging people on the standard of their grammar... ;)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I am aware of that Mr Deep, but it doesn't answer my question. Why do gay people need to march through city centers, any city centers, to celebrate being what they are?
I just don't get it.

Do you really believe that everyone in the parade is gay? Why not just think of it as a good day out at no cost.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe it is time to change the name to Brighton Carnival.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Why don't we have an Albion and proud day every year? :albion2:

I've been a closet Albion fan since I was 10 and I'm not sure if I'm ready to be "outed" yet. I've lived with the shame of supporting my local side for 45 years and had hoped that I would take my secret to my grave .What would my neighbours think? They all support proper teams (Chelsea ,Man Utd ) and would be shocked to know they had been living next door to a fan of League One side. I would become an outcast , forced to resign from the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme , I'd probably have to sell my house ("We don't want your sort in Saltdean , this is a respectable area ).
So , if there is to be an Albion and proud day , you're going to have to count me out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There are gay clubs where straight people are barred from entering.

Some of them won't even let lesbians in.

I do love the irony of a group of people saying we want to be accepted and not discriminated against.

And yet they still seek to discriminate against other groups themselves.

Oh the hypocrisy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There are gay clubs where straight people are barred from entering.

Some of them won't even let lesbians in.

I do love the irony of a group of people saying we want to be accepted and not discriminated against.

And yet they still seek to discriminate against other groups themselves.

Oh the hypocrisy.

They only want to stop trouble as you should be aware from recent posts on here that Homophobia is alive and well along with some of it's more idiotic notions. The gay clubs just want like minded people in them thus preventing bigots from causing problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here